Make any night Fajita Friday with these easy Shrimp Fajitas! Simply seasoned and full of Mexican flavors, this weeknight dinner comes together in about 15 minutes and will leave every belly around the table satisfied.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt divided
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 cups bell pepper sliced (red/green/yellow combo)
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- Corn or flour tortillas for serving
- Lime wedges, avocado, sour cream for serving
- Fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with garlic, lime juice, chili powder, paprika, cumin, ½ teaspoon salt, onion powder, and pepper. Set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and onion; season with remaining salt. Saute 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Push veggies to one side of the skillet.
Add remaining oil to the skillet and add shrimp. Cook for 2-3 minutes, flipping once, until cooked through and opaque.
Serve in tortillas with cilantro and other toppings of your choice.
Calories: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 286mg | Sodium: 1477mg | Potassium: 318mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2725IU | Vitamin C: 103.4mg | Calcium: 183mg | Iron: 3.3mg