Spinach Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette is the best weekday salad! It's easy and fast, made with fresh spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers and crunchy walnuts.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 6 people
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons honey to taste
- ½ of a medium red onion sliced
- ½ pint of cherry or grape tomatoes sliced in half
- ½ of an english cucumber sliced
- 4 cups spinach leaves left whole or roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup glazed or raw walnuts roughly chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Feta cheese
Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Or, combine together in a sealable jar and shake.
Assemble the salad: Arrange spinach leaves in a large bowl and toss with some of the dressing and the red onions. Top with walnuts and feta cheese if desired. Offer additional dressing on the side.
Optional fruit add-ins: apples, pears, strawberries, watermelon, blueberries.
Calories: 211kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 69mg | Potassium: 255mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2230IU | Vitamin C: 12.5mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg