Brownie Cupcakes with Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frosting
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 12 brownie cupcakes
- BROWNIE CUPCAKES
- 1 box chocolate brownie mix plain - no chocolate chips
- Eggs oil and water as called for on the box
- CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH FROSTING
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
Grease a cupcake pan with cooking spray, or line with baking cups.
Mix ingredients according to package instructions and divide into cupcake pan.
Bake at 325 degrees for about 22-26 minutes.
Allow to cool completely. Gently use a butter knife to loosen the brownies from the pan to frost.
To make the frosting, beat butter and sugars on medium speed until creamy and fluffy. Add vanilla and beat well. Stir in salt and flour until combined. Add milk and beat until nice and fluffy. Frost cupcakes once they are completely cooled.
Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.