Olive Cheese Ball with Parmesan Toasted Walnuts
This Olive Cheese Ball with Parmesan Toasted Walnuts is fun and festive appetizer for the holidays. With loads of cheeses and salty olives, it's a sure crowd-pleaser!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time1 hr 30 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 8- ounce packages cream cheese softened
- 2 cups freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 2.25- ounce can sliced black olives chopped
- 1/2 cup pimento stuffed green olives chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
Toasted Walnut Coating:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine ingredients for the coating (walnuts, melted butter, grated Parmesan and garlic salt) and spread evenly onto a parchment or foil-lined rimmed baking sheet.
Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden, stirring every 5 minutes. Cool Completely.
In a large bowl, stir together softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese, green onions and Worcestershire sauce until well combined. Stir in olives.
Cover and chill for at least one hour.
Remove from the refrigerator and form cheese mixture into a ball shape. Roll in toasted Parmesan walnuts, coating completely. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve
Serve chilled with crackers, toasted crostini or raw vegetables.