Spicy Hot Italian Sausage Dip
My Spicy Italian Sausage Dip is so creamy and delicious, made with spicy sausage and 3 types of cheese and lots of spicy elements. This is the perfect appetizer for game day or holiday parties.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 12 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 3/4 cups freshly grated Mozzarella Cheese divided
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage cooked and drained
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained (but not rinsed)
- 3/4 cup Pepperoncinis drained and diced
- Fresh chopped basil for garnish
- Crostini toasted bread or crackers for dipping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 2 1/2 quart (I used an 11-inch oval) baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
Combine all ingredients together, except 3/4 cup of Mozzarella and basil.
Spread the sausage dip into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with reserved mozzarella. Sprinkle with a little Italian seasoning if desired.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until bubbly. For additional browning of the cheese, switch to the broiler during the last few minutes, but watch closely as it can burn quickly.
Garnish with fresh chopped basil, if desired.
Serve with crostini or crackers for dipping.