Made with eggs, sausage, and cheese and finished with a sweet maple glaze, these Breakfast Sliders have everything you crave in breakfast.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time50 mins
Servings: 12 sliders
- 12 Hawaiian slider buns
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup cream or milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound breakfast sausage
- 8-10 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
Line a 7x11 pan with parchment paper. Whisk together eggs, cream, salt, and pepper. Pour into prepared pan and bake until eggs are set, about 15 minutes.
While the eggs are baking, brown up the breakfast sausage over medium heat until cooked through, breaking up into small pieces as the sausage cooks. Drain off any excess grease.
When the eggs are finished baking, carefully remove from the pan by removing the parchment paper.
Place the bottom of the slider buns into the dish the eggs baked in. Place the baked eggs on the slider buns, removing the parchment paper. Trim off any excess eggs if needed. Top with the crumbled sausage and then top with the sliced cheese, overlapping the cheese slightly. Top with the slider bun tops.
Whisk together the maple syrup and butter and then brush over the slider tops.
Bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the buns are slightly toasted.
- Most packages of sliders will fit perfectly into a 7x11 pan.
- If you do not like the texture of baked eggs, cook the egg mixture of low heat, cooking and scrambling the eggs until they reach a soft set scrambled egg.
- The contrast of sharp cheddar cheese is great when paired with breakfast sausage, eggs, and maple. But Swiss, Provolone, or even a Pepper Jack cheese work well.
- I prefer Hawaiian Sweet Rolls for this recipe, but any variety of slider buns work.
- Be sure to use breakfast sausage, not Italian sausage for the best flavor.
- Breakfast Sliders are best served warm, but can be held at room temperature for up to 2 hours. After that, refrigerate for up to 3 days and toast in the oven until warm to reheat.
Calories: 281kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 147mg | Sodium: 391mg | Potassium: 106mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 418IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 178mg | Iron: 2mg