This S’mores French Toast is a scrumptious dessert or an indulgent breakfast treat!
Carisa from Messes to Memories here and I’m new here and so excited to share some of my favorite recipe experiments with you! Each year my love for S’mores grows stronger and stronger. I once thought that s’mores were merely for camping – It was a rare and special treat!
Then I realized as I tried these homemade S’mores granola bars that the chocolate, marshmallow and graham cracker combination is pure genius. Recently we tried out a delicious S’mores dip for our Gratitude Camp-out last November. Oh my goodness, I am hooked.
How many different ways can you enjoy s’mores??? Well, I was browsing the other day and saw this incredible idea – S’mores French toast! Well, isn’t that a treat? I mean, let’s be real. Is French toast a real breakfast dish?? You drizzle syrup or sprinkle sugar over a fried piece of bread. Sounds like dessert to me.
Well let’s take this dessert up a notch!!
When my son saw the finished S’mores French Toast he said… Oh wow, mommy, that’s a big, yummy sandwich!
Why yes… Yes it is!
I’m going to be real honest with you! This S’mores French Toast is so sweet and so rich, you probably won’t be able to eat a whole sandwich! And the little dollop of Nutella on top looks delicious, but you really don’t need it!
This dish makes me so happy! Let me share what I did to make this dream breakfast a reality!
S'mores French Toast
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- dash of cinnamon
- 1 package graham crackers crushed
- Mini marshmallows
- Make your egg mixture by whisking milk, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon together really well and place in a shallow dish.
- Dip 2 pieces of bread in the egg mixture and flip so that both sides are coated. Place in the graham cracker mixture and cover both sides in graham cracker crumbs. Place both pieces of bread on a skillet and cook on medium heat until crispy and then flip one piece of bread. While the other side cooks, spread Nutella and marshmallows on.
- Place the cooked side of the second piece of bread on top to make a sandwich so that it melts the marshmallows. Flip the whole sandwich and let the last side of bread get crispy! Remove from the pan and let cool for a minute.
- Top with Nutella and a couple marshmallows because it looks so amazing! No one will turn this breakfast down!
Feel free to come check out all of our fun ideas on Messes to Memories!
For more sweet treats, try these: