This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These White Chocolate and Coconut Blondies are chewy and tender, rich and delicious. The sweet white chocolate and crunchy coconut on top makes this a dessert you won’t want to share!
When it comes to dessert, I don’t have a huge sweet tooth. I’m more of a salty kind of person. But throw coconut on top, especially toasted coconut? Well that’s a whole other ballgame.
I’ve always had an affinity for Blondies, too. They are warm and sweet and the brown sugar gives them a nice, chewy texture.
So what exactly is a Blondie? Basically it’s a brownie without the cocoa. It also substitutes brown sugar for the granulated sugar in a traditional brownie. They lend themselves to different variations and flavor combinations, too. I personally love the white chocolate and toasted coconut in this recipe.
I had a couple of variations in mind when I came up with this recipe. I initially had planned to make a white chocolate ganache, but ultimately decided to just melt the chocolate chips right on top of the bars and boy am I glad that I did! Once the blondies came out of the oven I just covered the top with white chocolate chips. A minute or two in the oven and the chips were soft enough to spread…and spread I did. I smeared that white chocolate all over the top of the blondies using a small, offset spatula. You could also use a knife but the spatula really gets into those corners of the pan with ease. Finally I topped them off with a generous helping of toasted coconut.
The white chocolate on top stays soft, but not too soft and the coconut has a nice crunchy texture. The blondies themselves have toasted coconut and white chocolate chips inside, so I added all that goodness on top too made them pretty much irresistible.
Toasted Coconut & White Chocolate Blondies
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups toasted coconut divided
- 1 1/2 cup white chocolate chips divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8” or 9” square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Spread all of the coconut on a large baking sheet and slide into the preheated oven for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once while baking. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until fluffy; about 2 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla until well combined.
- In a separate medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into the butter/sugar mixture just until combined.
- Fold in ½ cup of cooled toasted coconut and ½ cup of white chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into the prepared pan, using your hands or a silicone spatula to spread evenly. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Sprinkle about 1 cup of white chocolate chips on top of the blondies and place the an back into the oven for 1-2 minutes.
- Using an offset spatula or a butter knife, spread melted white chocolate evenly over the blondies. Immediately sprinkle with remaining toasted coconut, pressing lightly so coconut will stick.
- Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
For more delicious desserts, try these:
Toasted Coconut No-Church Ice Cream
These white chocolate coconut bloodies sound absolutely delicious! When I bake it is always something that I am taking out of the house to feed a crowd. I noticed there is an oversight and that the pan size didn’t change if I double or triple your recipe. Can you tell me what size pan I would use, especially if I triple the recipe? Thank you so much!!
Hi Pati, this isn’t an oversight. Unfortunately, most programs aren’t set up to change the pan size, just the ingredients which are simple math. If you want to double the recipe, you can use a 13×9 (they will be thick). Tripling it you’ll need to use 2 pans.