Easy to make with a basic biscuit dough, these Ham & Cheese Biscuits are the perfect addition to your holiday brunch. The leftovers make a great snack, too!
Biscuits are a great savory bread to add to any breakfast or brunch, and they pair well with many dinner meals too. We love them for breakfast though, and I always enjoy adding things to them, like my Grab & Go Stuffed Breakfast Biscuits. The whole family enjoys those!
These Ham & Cheese biscuits are a more sophisticated version of those using delicious Gruyere cheese and bits of thick sliced ham.
How to make Ham & Cheese Biscuits
If you’ve ever made biscuits , you know there is a slight bit of work involved. Using Bisquick as the starter for these Ham & Cheese Biscuits makes them a little easier, but there is still some mixing and rolling and cutting involved. If that’s not your thing though, you can easily make these drop biscuits instead. Just follow the directions in the notes section of the printed recipe. (affiliate link)
First make the biscuit dough by combining the bisquick with the ham, cheese and chives. Then add the milk and a nice soft dough will begin to form. Just a quick stir to combine everything is all you need. If you’re making drop biscuits, just drop the dough by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet and bake as directed. For a more sophisticated biscuit, knead the dough on a floured surface, then roll it out into a disk. Using a 2 1/2-3-inch biscuit cutter (or just a flat rimmed edge of a glass), cut the dough into biscuits shapes.
Arrange the biscuit dough onto a cookie sheet and bake. It only takes about 10-12 minutes. You can serve them as is, or amp up the flavor using a nice baste of melted garlic butter. A little minced parsley adds the finishing touch and makes these Ham & Cheese Biscuits look gorgeous.
We just snacked on these Ham & Cheese Biscuits for lunch, but they are a great side dish that will compliment just about any meal. They are a perfect grab and go breakfast too!
- 2 1/2 cups Bisquick
- ⅔ cup milk
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- ¾ cup finely minced ham
- 3 tablespoons freshly minced chives
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced parsley
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together Bisquick, cheeses, ham, chives and a pinch of salt just until combined. Gently stir in milk until a soft dough forms.
- Turn dough out on a floured surface. Knead about 10 times.
- Roll dough into a ¾-inch thickness then cut with a 3-inch round cookie cutter. (A similar sized cup or glass will work, too).
- Place biscuits onto an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. Biscuits don't necessarily have to be browned to be done.
- Meanwhile, stir together the melted butter, parsley and garlic powder and salt. Brush over warm biscuits.
Here’s another delicious biscuit recipe we love:
And for even more delicious biscuit recipes try these: