This Homemade Biscuit Recipe yields a fluffy and tender biscuit that is oh so easy to make! Filled with cheddar cheese, garlic and thyme they will make a beautiful addition to your holiday table!
I have a confession to make. I have always been scared to make homemade biscuits. Something about rolling out dough has always sounded so difficult to me that I just pretty much decided that biscuit making would never go on my resume. Imagine my delight when I finally gave them a try and discovered they really aren’t difficult at all! In fact, these Cheddar Herb Biscuits are just about as easy as it gets.
How to Make Homemade Biscuits
Making a dough from scratch used to be something I considered difficult, mostly because it wasn’t something I’d ever really done. But the ingredients are simple, basic biscuit recipe ingredients – Bisquick and milk – and any flavors you’d like to add. In this case I wanted something a little cheesy and earthy so I opted for cheddar cheese and some fresh thyme. And because butter makes everything better, and so does garlic, I brushed some garlic butter over the top of the warm biscuits.
This is how you spell YUM folks.
The biscuit dough is kneaded several times to help them grow up to be light and fluffy, and then rolled out with a rolling pin. You can use a biscuit cutter or a similar sized cup or glass to cut the dough into rounds. Then bake on a sheet pan for about 10 minutes. While the biscuits are baking melt some butter and mix it up with some garlic salt and fresh parsley or fresh thyme and brush that yummy goodness all over the tops of those fluffy Cheddar Herb Biscuits.
I love to have fresh bread on the table so these Cheddar Herb Biscuits are a perfect way to mix things up a bit and still have that fresh baked taste that we all crave. They are perfect alongside soups and chilis and a lovely addition to your Thanksgiving table or Christmas dinner.
Homemade Biscuit recipe with Cheddar, Garlic and Herbs:
Cheddar Herb Biscuits
- 2 ¼ cups Bisquick
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup fresh shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh chopped thyme
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced parsley
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine Bisquick, cheese, rosemary and thyme. Gently stir in milk until a soft dough forms.
- Turn dough out on a floured surface. Knead about 10 times.
- Roll dough into a ½ inch thick disk then cut with a 2 or 3-inch round cookie cutter. (A similar sized cup or glass will work, too).
- Place biscuits onto an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together the melted butter, parsley and garlic salt. Brush over warm biscuits.
Here’s another biscuit recipe we love:
And for more delicious biscuit recipes, try these:
- Cheddar & Herb Biscuit Muffins
- Barbecue Chicken Biscuit Sandwiches
- Cheese and Sausage Stuffed Biscuits and Gravy
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.