This No-Bake Mint Chocolate Chip Pie is fast, easy, and packed with chocolate chips and mint candies. It’s the perfect summer night treat!
No bake desserts are a go to for me during the warmer months. Your kitchen doesn’t get over heated due to the oven being on, and they are usually so refreshing. This pie reminds me a lot of eating mint chocolate chip ice cream; if you are a fan of that, then you are going to love this pie. My husband even likes it, and he usually does not care for desserts that have mint in them. Speaking of my husband, he actually made this dessert…usually I am the one that makes the majority of the things that come out of our kitchen, but it was such a busy past couple of days, and I was planning on making this for a get-together, that I just didn’t have time. I gave him my recipe and he made the pie for me.
Most no-bake pies are very simple to make and often have few ingredients in them, and this is one of them. The pie comes together in under 15 minutes. You could even save yourself more time and buy a pre-made oreo pie crust from the store, or you can make your own, which is what we usually do. I also use a springform pie pan that has removable sides, which is great for serving because when you are reading to serve, the sides just release from the pan. I also use Andes Mints and mini chocolate chips. The Andes Mints give the pie a nice texture and give an extra punch of mint. You can add more of the Andes Mints or crushed Oreos to the top of your pie, but we chose to add more mini chocolate chips. Also, don’t feel that you have to use food coloring in this pie; you can omit it and it will taste just as heavenly.
No Bake Mint Chocolate Chip Pie
!For the Oreo crust:
- 20 Oreo cookies crushed
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted (cooled)
!Mint Chocolate Chip Cream:
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 to 6 drops green gel food coloring optional
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1 cup andes mints roughly chopped
- Crushed Oreos
- Andes mints
- Mini chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl stir together the crushed oreos and 4 tablespoons of butter, stir until well combined. Evenly press the oreo crust into a springform pan or in a 9 inch pie pan. Chill in the freezer until the filling is ready.
Mint Chocolate Chip Cream:
- With a stand mixer with a whisk attachment or with a hand mixer in a medium size bowl, mix the heavy whipping cream until light and fluffy. Start off on a low speed and increase the speed as it becomes thicker, this usually takes 3-4 minutes. Once the mixture has reached stiff peaks transfer to a separate bowl.
- In the bowl that you mixed the heavy whipping cream, add the cream cheese and mix on medium high speed for 2 minutes. Turn off the mixer and add the powdered sugar and food coloring is adding, start mixing on low speed, and increase to medium high and mix until the mixture is smooth. Add in the vanilla extract, and peppermint extract mix until combined.
- With a rubber spatula or wooden spoon fold in the whipped cream, once mixed add in the chocolate chips, and chopped andes mints.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pie tin and spread evenly. Sprinkle the top with more oreos,chocolate chips or andes mints. Cover with foil or plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 3-4 hours before serving. This allows the pie to set.
For more easy no-bake desserts, try these: