This No Bake Chocolate Reese’s Cheesecake has a creamy, rich chocolate filling with chunks of peanut butter chocolate in a Peanut Butter Oreo Crust. It’s a choco-holics dream dessert! This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Huggies®. As always, all opinions are my own.
I have made this chocolate cheesecake base no less than 4 times in the last 3 weeks. Each time I tweaked it ever so slightly until I came up with what I felt was the PERFECT chocolate base. It’s creamy, super chocolate-y, and it’s so easy. I didn’t want you to have to be worrying about melting chocolate as that’s technically “cooking” and I wanted the cheesecake to come together in just minutes. Using powdered cocoa accomplishes the complete “no-bake” aspect and gives a really rich, bittersweet chocolate flavor that I love.
This was our Easter dessert this year. My son is allergic to peanuts, so I made him another pie all his own using the same base, but you’ll have to wait a bit for that one. He stayed at grandma’s for the weekend, giving my daughter and I a chance to do some baking together. Well technically, no-baking, since that’s what this is!
My daughter loves to get in and help cook, but she really doesn’t like the messy aspect of cooking, so like a good mom I make her get a little down and dirty every chance I get. Like when we made the Oreo Crusts for the cheesecakes. She loved counting out the Oreos into the food processor, pulsing them into crumbs, adding the butter and even pressing them down into the pie plate to make the crust. At 7 she’s a bit of a perfectionist and made sure that crust was nice and even. Of course, she makes sure we have our Huggies® Wipes nearby so she can clean her hands several times throughout the process.
Huggies® wipes have Triple* layers that are gentle on skin and thick enough to clean the mess, so she could clean her hands any time it got to be too much…which was at least three times during the process.
You’ll probably need them after you’re done eating this bad boy as well.
Hop over to my last Huggies® activity for more recipe inspiration!
No Bake Reese's Chocolate Cheesecake
- 24 Peanut Butter Oreos or regular Oreos
- 5 Tablespoons melted butter
- DIRECTIONS HERE
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 10 ounces Non Dairy Whipped Topping
- 16 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups divided
- Prepare Oreo Crust using Peanut Butter Oreos (or regular Oreos) according to directions HERE. Place in the refrigerator or freezer to set, at least 30 minutes, more if using the baked version. *Note, you could also purchase a prepared crust.
- To prepare the filling, beat the cream cheese, cold, for a full minute in a stand mixer on medium high. *Note, You could also use a hand-held mixer.
- Add sugar and beat until sugar is melted and no longer grainy, about 2-3 minutes. Add cocoa, milk and vanilla. Beat until well combined and creamy. Stir in the whipped topping.
- Meanwhile, place 8 Reese's peanut butter cups in a food processor and pulse until crumbled. Alternatively you could cut into very small chunks.
- Fold about 2/3 of the crumbled Reese's Peanut Butter Cups into the chocolate mixture. Pour half of the mixture into the prepared Oreo crust, smoothing the top with the back of a metal spoon. Plunk about 7 Reese's Peanut Butter cups through the pie. Top with remaining mixture and gently smooth with the back of a metal spoon.
- Sprinkle remaining Reese's crumbles on top for garnish, and place the remaining whole Peanut Butter cup on top of the pie.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. This cheesecake is also delicious frozen. Just set out for 20 minutes before slicing.
- *Tip - wipe the knife with a wet paper towel before each slice.
For more no bake treats, try these: