I have always been a sucker for lemon, and with a huge lemon tree in our backyard, I always have them on hand. I especially love lemon in desserts, like this Frozen Lemon Cheesecake. It’s so simple to make and the filling has just 4 ingredients – cream cheese, frozen non-dairy whipped cream (I use TruWhip – it’s all natural and tasted so much better than Cool Whip), lemon and powdered sugar. Whip it all up in your KitchenAid Stand Mixer and pour into a graham cracker pie crust.
I have been obsessed with this frozen cheesecake recipe for a while now. I first used it in my Frozen Cheesecake Sandwiches and then in the next five batches of cheesecake sandwiches…we may have gone a little overboard.
For the Lemon Cheesecake version I doubled the recipe and added a little more powdered sugar to balance the tartness of the lemon. Folks, lemme tell ya – it is SOOOO good!!!
Frozen Lemon Cheesecake
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/2 cups graham crackers about 10 full sheets
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespooms butter melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese 3 bricks, softened
- 10 ounces Non-dairy whipped topping Cool Whip
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
Graham Cracker Crust
- Place graham crackers in a food processor and pulse into crumbs. Add melted butter and granulated sugar and pulse until combined.
- Pour graham cracker mixture into a 9" pie plate. Using clean hands or a flat bottomed measuring cup, form the crust. Press crumbs evenly into the side and bottom of the plate.
Lemon Cheesecake Filling
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip cream cheese until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Beat in the powdered sugar, lemon juice and zest until well combined. Stir in whipped topping just until combined.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into prepared graham cracker pie crust and smooth the top.
- Cover with plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate for at least 4 or hours.
- Cut and serve immediately.
- Chill for two hours before adding the filling.
For more frozen treats, try these: