This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
There’s just something about Red Velvet that screams “Valentine’s Day” I love Cake Mix Cookies, so I thought these Red Velvet Cake Mix Bars would be a fun variation. And of course who can resist something with M & Ms mixed in?
These bars don’t taste super cake-y, but rather more brownie like. In fact my kids kept asking for more “red brownies” – they really loved them!
They are easy to make with just a box of Red Velvet cake mix, an egg, a stick of softened butter and a splash of vanilla. Oh, and a bag of M & Ms – can’t forget those!
They bake up beautifully, just like brownies. And they were so yummy! They kept very well for over a week in the fridge. I just would let them sit out for an hour before eating to bring them to room temperature.
I took these to school and the teachers loved them. Wouldn’t this be a fabulous treat for your Valentine?
You might also like these sweet Valentine’s posts:
Red Velvet Cake Mix Bars
- 1 box of Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups of of Valentine M & Ms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 11 3/4" x 7 3/4" baking pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Mix cake mix, egg, butter and vanilla until blended. Fold in half of the M & Ms. Press batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle with the remaining M & Ms, pressing them into the batter. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow to completely cool before cutting into bars.