There’s just something about Red Velvet that screams “Valentine’s Day” I love Cake Mix Cookies, so I thought these Red Velvet Cake Mix Bars would be a fun variation. And of course who can resist something with M & Ms mixed in?
These bars don’t taste super cake-y, but rather more brownie like. In fact my kids kept asking for more “red brownies” – they really loved them!
They are easy to make with just a box of Red Velvet cake mix, an egg, a stick of softened butter and a splash of vanilla. Oh, and a bag of M & Ms – can’t forget those!
They bake up beautifully, just like brownies. And they were so yummy! They kept very well for over a week in the fridge. I just would let them sit out for an hour before eating to bring them to room temperature.
I took these to school and the teachers loved them. Wouldn’t this be a fabulous treat for your Valentine?
You might also like these sweet Valentine’s posts:
Red Velvet Cake Mix Bars
- 1 Box of Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup of of Valentine M & Ms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 11 3/4" x 7 3/4" baking pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Mix cake mix, egg, butter and vanilla until blended. Fold in half of the M & Ms. Press batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle with the remaining M & Ms, pressing them into the batter. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow to completely cool before cutting into bars.
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.