Getting a meal on the table in 20 minutes can be a challenge, but with this easy one Pan Lemon Garlic Pasta, it doesn’t have to be. Pasta, lemon and garlic all cook together in one pan – making clean-up a snap!
With summer coming, the last thing I want to do is spend any more time in a hot kitchen than I have to. That’s why I love One Pan Meals! They come together quickly and easily, they have few ingredients and they are all cooked in just one pan for super easy clean up. I’m working on developing some more easy one pan meals to add to my tested and tried collection of over 30 (find them HERE). This Lemon Garlic Pasta easily made the cut because it’s full of flavor and comes together in just 20 minutes.
Pasta, butter garlic and lemon juice are cooked together in boiling water in a large saute pan or skillet for about 9 minutes. You want to make sure to season the water with salt as it starts to boil.
Fresh Parmesan and herbs add brightness and freshness to the dish. I like to add a quick squeeze of lemon juice to the top for a extra burst of flavor.
- 1 pound (16 oz. box) Linguine, uncooked
- ¼ cup butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic or 4 cloves, finely chopped
- Juice and zest from 1 lemon
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh herbs like parsley or basil
- 1 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups water
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat and cook garlic for 30 seconds to a minute, just until fragrant (careful, as it burns quickly).
- Add water, linguine, remaining butter, lemon juice and zest and salt and pepper to the skillet. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and reduce to medium. Continue to cook pasta until nearly all water is evaporated, stirring often to keep pasta from sticking, about 8-9 minutes. (If pasta needs more cooking time, add a little more hot water).
- Remove from heat and stir in about ¾ cup cup shredded Parmesan Cheese and fresh herbs.
- Divide into bowls and garnish with remaining Parmesan, freshly cracked black pepper and a quick squeeze of lemon juice (option).
For more delicious One Pan Meals, be sure to check these out: