Arizona Chicken Corn Chowder is a creamy, slightly spicy soup with crunchy kernels of corn throughout. It’s a rich and filling meal the whole family will enjoy.
My cousin is one of my favorite cooks. She’s taught me all kinds of unique (mostly Mexican) recipes. When her daughter came to visit us over Christmas break a couple of months ago, she brought several of her mama’s homecooked meals. This Arizona Chicken Corn Chowder was one of them. I’ve also seen it called “Southwest” or “Tex-Mex,” but they’re from Arizona, so we’re sticking with that.
She is the first to tell you that she doesn’t follow a recipe when she cooks, and it’s difficult to get her to nail down specifics because each time is different! This particular recipe she has perfected in a way that her family (including me!) really loves, and that’s the recipe I’ve got to share with you today.
There aren’t a ton of strange ingredients – it’s pretty straightforward. Shredded chicken (cook your own or use store bought rotisserie to save time and add flavor), cream cheese, Pace Picante Sauce (broken down in the blender or food processor to make it smooth), chicken broth and frozen corn. There are a couple of spices you can add, but that’s pretty much it! And holy cow is it a big giant pot of creamy deliciousness!
Arizona Corn Chowder
Yield 4 -6 servings
- 1 14.5-ounce can low-sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 14-ounce can white corn, drained
- 1 14-ounce can yellow corn, drained
- 16-ounce jar Pace Picante sauce
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (or rotisserie chicken)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Combine ingredients in a large soup pot and over medium heat until heated through; about 20 minutes. Do not boil. Divide into bowls and serve hot. Garnish with sliced green onions if desired. *Tip: For a smoother soup, blend Pace Picante Sauce in a blender until smooth, then add to the soup.
For more delicious soup recipes, try these:
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.