This easy recipe for the best Banana Nut Bread comes together in one bowl to create a classic recipe everyone loves!
Who doesn’t love Banana Bread? It’s a classic bread recipe made with ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. And it’s quite possibly the best way to use overripe bananas. The batter takes less than 15 minutes to prepare. Bake a loaf in your oven and enjoy the smell of fresh banana nut bread in your home!
How to Make Banana Nut Bread
Banana bread comes together easily in one bowl. Using a hand mixer, cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl. Once the mixture is light and fluffy, add the eggs and vanilla. Stir to combine.
In a separate bowl, mash the bananas together. We simply mash the overripe bananas with a fork but you can also use a hand mixer with a clean attachment. Add the mashed bananas to the wet ingredients.
Gently sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt over the wet ingredients. Fold together until just combined. Add coarsely chopped walnuts until incorporated.
Pour the banana bread batter into a greased loaf pan. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until the bread is set and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
Top Tips and Tricks
- Can you freeze banana nut bread? Yes, you can freeze banana bread! This recipe freezes well so you can prep it in advance and enjoy it for months. Cool the baked banana bread completely, then tightly wrap the loaf in two layers of plastic wrap or aluminum foil. You can also slice and then wrap the individual slices. Place the wrapped bread in a freezer-safe plastic bag or container. Freeze for up to 4 months. Thaw in the refrigerator or at room temperature before serving.
- Serving Suggestions: Spread the sliced banana nut bread with butter or peanut butter. Enjoy it for breakfast or snack! No matter how to chose to eat this bread, we know that you’re going to love it.
- Can you make this recipe into muffins? Yes! This recipe will make approximately 12 muffins. Use a 12-count muffin pan, grease it well, and fill each cup with about 1/4 cup of batter (about 3/4 of the way full). Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
- Variations – feel free to add some mini chocolate chips or try a different type of nut, like pecans.
Best Banana Bread Recipes
We love banana bread and know that you do too. In addition to this banana nut bread recipe, we hope you have a chance to try Blueberry Banana Bread, Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, Vanilla Oatmeal Banana Bread and Banana Coconut Crunch Bread. All of these recipes are fun twists on a classic bread recipe.
This recipe always receives rave reviews because it’s the best moist banana nut bread recipe. It smells amazing while it’s baking in the oven and tastes great anytime. We highly recommend baking a few loaves, at least one to enjoy now and one to freeze for later.
Try this recipe and let us know what you think!
Best Banana Nut Bread
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 overripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to cream together butter and sugars for 2 to 3 minutes, until well combined and fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Mash bananas together in a separate bowl, then add to the wet ingredients.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt over the wet ingredients, then fold until just combined. Fold in the walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until the bread is set and a knife inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.