This delicious Vanilla Oatmeal Banana Bread is ultra moist and tender thanks to the vanilla yogurt. It’s perfect for an after school snack, quick breakfast or as a muffin!
We are huge fans of quick bread around here. We have a few that we really love and that I make often, like Chocolate Chip & Cherries Banana Bread or Pumpkin Apple Bread. Depending on the recipe you use, quick breads can be pretty heavy on sugar and fat. After all the fat is what keeps the bread moist!
Instead of heavy sour cream, I used a container of Clover Organic Vanilla Yogurt that I picked up at Whole Foods. (Thanks to Clover Organic Farms for sponsoring this post).
I also cut the sugar in half, since the yogurt adds some sweetness as well. The result was a super moist, delicious snack bread that has nearly half the sugar and less fat than it’s equally delicious counterpart. You also get a little extra protein and fiber from the added oats.
I hadn’t tried Clover brand yogurt before, and it was even better than I expected. It’s so super creamy, and has a nice tartness to it. It’s incredibly smooth, too. My daughter, who is super picky about yogurt, devoured the vanilla flavor. That made me happy because I love knowing that Clover Organic Farms is responsible and conscientious when it comes to the environment and they have said “no” to synthetic growth hormones, and this is why I #chooseclo.
My kids have no clue that this snack has a lot less sugar and is actually kind of good for them. And that’s the way I like it!
Vanilla Oatmeal Banana BreadPrint Pin Rate
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 6 ounce carton Clover Vanilla Yogurt
- 3 ripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8" loaf pan with cooking spray and/or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda and oats. Set aside.
- In the large bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy and light in color; 1-2 minutes. Beat in eggs at medium speed, then stir in vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture just until combined, then stir in bananas and yogurt, also just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake in the 350 degree preheated oven about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the top comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for an hour, then gently remove from the pan to cool completely.
- Slice and serve with butter or jam, if desired.
You might also enjoy these yummy snacks: