Several years ago, I created a recipe for chocolate spice cookies. It has since become an absolute favorite for our family. I make them every year at Christmas, and at least once or twice throughout the year. When I saw Hershey’s Pumpkin Spice Kisses, I knew they would be the perfect compliment to our favorite cookie.
Pumpkin Spice + Chocolate? Holy deliciousness!!!
If you’ve made this recipe, please come back and leave us a star rating or a comment below. Or, tag us on social media @yellowblissroad or #yellowblissroad for a chance to be featured.
1. Mix melted butter, cocoa and egg until well combined and resembles a syrup.
2. Add sugar cookie mix. Batter will seem very dry, but that's ok. That's what we want.
3. Fold in chocolate chips.
4. Mix white sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon in a shallow dish. Shape dough into one inch balls and roll into cinnamon sugar mixture. Place two inches apart on a cookie sheet.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for about eight minutes. While cookies are in the oven, unwrap kisses and set aside. Just as cookies are starting to crack, pull them out of the oven. Allow to cool for about a minute before placing them on a wire rack to cool.
6. Top with pumpkin spice kisses. They will melt a little and they will be soft but that just makes their even more yummy!
7. Store cookies in an air-tight container. Because they are made from a mix, they will be freshest if eaten within a few days.
Have you tried this recipe?
Let us know how it was by leaving a review or sharing on Instagram with the tag #yellowblissroad
If you liked this easy recipe, you may also enjoy:
I’d love for you to keep up on my new projects and recipes by clicking on these cute buttons below, and follow me on Facebook and Instagram. You can also find me on Pinterest, that’s my favorite place to hang out and I’d love to see you there!
Kristin Maxwell is the creator and main recipe developer, writer, and photographer of Yellow Bliss Road. A self-taught cook and self-appointed foodie, she specializes in easy, flavorful and approachable recipes for any home cook.