This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Planning a party for the BIG GAME? If you’re going to be subjected to, err,enjoying watching the Super Bowl this year, you’re going to need some awesome snackS, and boy do I have you covered! My Green Chile & Artichoke Bread is sure to be a hit! Check our my recipe below and then keep going for 10 more amazing appetizers – it’s your one-stop shop for all your game day party snacks!
My son has decided that he loves football. His Grandpa would be so proud, but me…I know NOTHING about football. My brother played football when I was little, probably around four years old. I remember going to the games but all I really cared about was whether I was getting a chili billy or a licorice rope.
So now that this little six year old boy has told me he wants to play football, I’ve signed him up to play Friday Night Lights, and yes folks, I’m going to have to watch the Super Bowl for more than just the commercials.
At least I’ll have some good food to ease the pain. Like this delicious Green Chile & Artichoke Bread that I made the other day. The green chilies give it just the right amount of spice for us, but if you like things super hot, you could always switch out the green chilies for jalapenos.
You might also enjoy:
Green Chile & Artichoke Bread
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 4 oz can green chilies
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese room temperature (half a brick)
- 1 small loaf ciabatta bread
- Salt and pepper optional
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. When butter is completely melted, add garlic and saute about 30 seconds to a minute. Remove from heat and add all ingredients except the bread. Stir just until combined. (You're not melting the cheese at this point).
- Slice the ciabatta loaf lengthwise and place crust side down on a foil lined cookie sheet. Spoon mixture over the bread and spread equally on each side. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper, if desired.
- Place bread under the preheated broiler for about four to five minutes, or until cheese is melted and just starting to brown. Cool, slice, and serve immediately.