This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Just in time for summer these fun and super easy Hawaiian Chicken Kebabs are quick, tasty and perfect for your weekend grill session!
Summer is in full swing, and if you like to host the occasional bonfire like we do and grill out for your friends then these Hawaiian Chicken Kebabs are just what you’ve been looking for! These bad boys are quick, easy and pretty much a fix it and forget it type of deal. Another great thing about these is that they can either be grilled or baked – we do both depending on the weather!
We love having friends over and we usually host bonfires in the summertime and game night in the winter. It’s been a chilly end of June here in Minnesota so we baked these puppies this past weekend for our friends and they were the first thing to go. I don’t know what it is but when someone whips out kebabs, everyone is ALL over them! But I’m the same way so I guess I can sorta see why!
Along side brats and burgers these have to be our absolute favorite thing to grill. We always, always, ALWAYS make our own. When we try to but them in stores they are going for like $7 per kebab!! Um…how about making a ton for about $7 total! Cha-ching! I think yes! Anytime that I can make something at home, or save some money then it is an absolute no-brainer.
This Hawaiian Chicken Kebabs are easy to whip up! We start with some chicken breasts, red pepper, green pepper and pineapple and that is IT! You can absolutely customize these to your liking by adding or eliminating ingredients to what you love.
We then chop and dice and place these in a zip lock baggy with a bottle of Sweet Chili Sauce. Yes that is my EASY secret ingredient to making these delicious kebabs, and let me tell you, that easy delicious ingredient really sets them apart. Not a fan of sweet chili sauce? No problem, these also taste amazing with some BBQ sauce too!
I like to marinate these as long as possible, but really 30 minutes will be good enough. Make sure to keep some of the sauce to baste or spread all over the kebabs once they are done cooking.
Last but not least, sprinkle a little chopped cilantro over the top and go to town. These will quickly become your most favorite and easiest go to grilling meal ever!
Hawaiian Chicken Kebabs
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts diced into 1-2″ pieces
- 2-3 large green peppers diced into 1-2″ pieces
- 2-3 large red peppers diced into 1-2″ pieces
- 1 16-20 ounce can pineapple chunks drained
- 1 6- ounce jar sweet chili sauce reserving ¼ cup
- Cilantro optional
- In large ziplock bag place your chicken, peppers, pineapple and sweet chili sauce (reserving ¼ cup).
- Let marinate in the refrigerator for about 2-3 hours but as little as 30 minutes.
- Once marinated preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Add chicken, green peppers, pineapple and red peppers onto the skewers and repeat until skewer is full.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for about 20-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, turning once halfway. *Can also be grilled over medium-high heat for about 15-20 minutes.
- Once cooked spread remaining sweet chili sauce over tops and sprinkle with cilantro if desired.
Love these Hawaiian Chicken Kebabs? Try these other summer favorites: