Instant Pot Spicy Shredded Mexican Beef is a delicious blend of smoky chipotles, rich tomato sauce, and tender beef. It’s the perfect base for enchiladas or beef tacos. You’ll never go back to plain ground beef tacos again!
Some people love Thanksgiving because of the turkey, others prefer Christmas for the ham, but me? My favorite food holiday is Cinco de Mayo! Tons of Mexican food? Count me in! I am a Spanish teacher by day, so a love of Mexican food comes naturally. You can bet that I will be serving some of this delicious Instant Pot Spicy Shredded Mexican Beef to my family on May 5th, probably stuffed into a tortilla with cheese and smothered with enchilada sauce!
This recipe is so versatile and is perfect for your Instant Pot or Electric Pressure cooker. New to the Instant Pot? This is one of my new favorite cooking appliances. Part pressure cooker, part multi-cooker, this smart little appliance can do so much! Beef roasts turn out so well in it and this spicy shredded Mexican beef is the absolute perfect recipe for anyone looking to try something new in their Instant Pot. You honestly can’t mess this recipe up and the pressure cooking intensifies the delicious Mexican flavors. (aff)
The sauce that the beef cooks in is really incredible. Delicious smoky chipotle sauce, tomato sauce, lime zest, and fresh cilantro combine for a rich and smoky sauce. You can adjust the heat on this recipe to suit your family’s preferences. The chipotle adds the heat and I used 3 tablespoons. My family likes some heat, but I am also cooking for a five year old, so I kept it on the mild-medium side.
I used chipotle sauce, which is a blended version of the chipotles in adobo sauce that you normally see in stores. You can find the blended sauce in your Mexican aisle, probably with all the hot sauces and enchilada sauces. If you can’t find it, just throw some whole canned chipotles in the blender for a minute before adding to the sauce.
This beef is so versatile and you can do so much with it. Eat it alone, piled on rice with some fresh cilantro and extra lime juice. Roll it up with cheese in an enchilada. Pack it in a tortilla with rice and beans and make burritos. Or keep it simple and put it in a tortilla shell and make tacos! There is so much you can do with this recipe!
Perfect for Cinco de Mayo or just any night you are craving Mexican, I can guarantee you will love this Instant Pot Spicy Mexican Shredded Beef!
Instant Pot Spicy Shredded Mexican Beef
Instant Pot Spicy Shredded Mexican Beef Author: Amanda Dorich This Instant Pot Spicy Mexican Shredded Beef is the most delicious blend of tender strips of beef cooked in a rich and smoky Mexican seasoned tomato sauce!
- 2 lbs. tender chuck roast, cut in half
- 8 oz. tomato sauce, preferably a Mexican brand
- 3 tbsp. chipotle sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro, divided
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- Turn your Instant Pot to saute. While it heats, season the two pieces of meat with the chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- When the pot turns to hot, add the oil. Add the beef pieces and saute for 4-5 minutes per side, or until both sides are brown.
- Switch the pot to manual and increase the time to 70 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, reserving half of the cilantro. Put on the lid and turn the vent to seal.
- Let cook for the 70 minutes and then do a natural pressure release.
- Once pressure released naturally, open the lid and shred the beef. Let it soak in the sauce for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve as desired and garnish with remaining cilantro.
Love Mexican Food? Try these recipes:
Craving more Instant Pot recipes?