This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Roasted Cherry Tomato recipe is an easy and flavorful way to use fresh summer tomatoes. Ripe cherry tomatoes are tossed with olive oil, garlic, and fresh herbs and roasted at high heat until they become sweet and flavorful.Pin this recipe for later!
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Recipe
- Perfect for summer – This is a fantastic way to make the most of ripe summer tomatoes.
- So much flavor – Roasting cherry tomatoes captures their natural sweetness and intensifies their flavor.
- Versatile – You can enjoy them in pasta, as a delicious topping for grilled chicken or fish, or pair them with fresh mozzarella cheese and torn basil for a next-level Caprese salad.
- Quick and easy – Ready in just 20 minutes, this recipe is quick and hassle-free.
- Gourmet Cherry Tomatoes – I used the Wild Wonders brand for this recipe, but any ripe cherry tomatoes will do. Even grape tomatoes would be a fine stand-in.
- Fresh Garlic – Sliced thin so it doesn’t burn.
- Fresh Basil – Gives depth and flavor to this simple recipe.
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
How To Make Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
Get a detailed list of ingredients & instructions in the recipe card below.
- Slice garlic thinly.
- Place cherry tomatoes on a large sheet pan and toss with garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast for about 12-15 minutes or until tomatoes burst and begin to brown.
- Garnish with fresh torn basil.
No, removing the skins off the tomatoes is unnecessary before roasting.
Absolutely! Campari, grape, Roma, or plum tomatoes are additional varieties that roast well. Be sure to slice larger tomatoes in half and roast them cut side up. You may need to adjust the cooking time for larger tomatoes and keep an eye on them to prevent burning.
When selecting tomatoes for roasting, opt for firm and ripe tomatoes.
To enhance the flavor of roasted tomatoes, we like using garlic, olive oil, kosher salt, freshly cracked black pepper, and herbs such as basil, thyme, or rosemary. You can also experiment with additional spices or ingredients like crushed red pepper flakes for added heat.
For cherry tomatoes, we roast at 425°F for about 12-15 minutes, or until they burst and develop a slight browning. Adjust the time as needed based on the size and juiciness of the tomatoes you select.
Roasted tomatoes are rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. They are a great source of lycopene, known for its potential health benefits. They are also low in calories and high in fiber.
- Serve with al dente pasta and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese for a simple yet satisfying meal.
- Pair with kalamata olives and feta cheese to add a Mediterranean flavor to your meals.
- Serve with your favorite meats and cheeses in a flavorful and delicious antipasto platter.
- Create a bruschetta-inspired appetizer by spreading goat cheese or whipped ricotta on toasted baguette slices and topping them with the roasted tomatoes.
- Add as a vibrant and tangy element to your favorite summer salads, such as a Caprese salad with mozzarella cheese and fresh basil.
Roasted tomatoes will keep well in the fridge stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months in airtight freezer bags.
Gently reheat them in a pan on the stove or in the microwave. Leftover and reheated tomatoes may become softer.
- Be sure to use a large enough sheet pan with sides. If your pan is too small the air won’t circulate around the tomatoes, and they will steam and not brown as well. The sides are important to keep the tomatoes from rolling off the pan.
- You can add onion or shallot to this recipe, but slice them thinly so they cook at the same time as the tomatoes.
- For an added punch of flavor, you can drizzle on a balsamic glaze. You can easily make your own by boiling balsamic vinegar and reducing it by half or you can purchase premade balsamic glaze in the grocery store.
- The longer you cook the tomatoes, the softer they get. If you want more firm tomatoes, roast them just until they begin to burst.
More Tomato Recipes
Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- 36 ounces gourmet cherry tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425℉.
- Thinly slice garlic cloves. Place tomatoes on a large sheet pan, toss with garlic, a drizzle of olive oil, and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Roast in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until tomatoes burst and begin to brown.
- Garnish with torn fresh basil. Serve immediately over pasta, or toasted baguette slices.