Transport yourself on a tropical vacation with this refreshing rum punch! With orange, pineapple, and a splash of grenadine – it’s refreshing, sweet and deliciously tropical.
Rum Punch Cocktail
If you’re looking for the perfect cocktail for a hot summer day, or want to feel tropical in the middle of winter, – then this rum punch is just the thing. It’s served cold, made with 2 types of rum, and has a delicious hint of pineapple.
Ingredients for Rum Punch
This recipe can be easily adapted depending on how much punch you need. The basic ingredients are:
- 2 parts orange juice
- 1 part pineapple juice
- 1/2 part coconut rum
- 1/2 part white rum
- grenadine (I usually do about 1/2 part – but it depends on how sweet you like it)
- fruit for garnish – such as pineapple pieces, orange slices, lime slices or maraschino cherries
Tips and Tricks
- If you wanted to make just 1 cocktail you could do 1 part = 1 ounce. In the printable recipe below, it’s written for making a BIG bowl of punch that will serve 10 people.
- Depending on how sweet you like it, you can add more or less grenadine. The more grenadine you add, the redder the punch will be.
- Rum punch should be served cold, so you’ll definitely want some ice too. If it’s going to be sitting in a punch bowl for a while, you could freeze the fresh fruit for garnish (such as the pineapple chunks). This way, your punch won’t get watered down as the ice melts.
What Kind of Rum to Use in Rum Punch
I like to use a combination of white rum and coconut rum – but it’s really up to you. You can substitute the white rum for spiced rum or dark rum. I really like using the coconut rum as well because it adds such a delicious, tropical flavor that goes so well with the pineapple. You could also add in a splash of flavored rum – such as mango or pineapple.
How to Make Rum Punch without Alcohol
If you love the flavor of this rum punch – but don’t want the alcohol, feel free to leave out the rum and substitute it with some ginger ale. It’s still super delicious and refreshing.
How to serve punch for a party
Whether you are serving this rum punch recipe or another delicious party punch, you can serve your cocktail (or mocktail) in a few different ways.
- Set up a bar and let people make their own drinks. Set out the ingredients, including fruit garnishes and ice, along with a framed recipe.
- Make your punch in a glass punch bowl with a serving ladle and let your guests serve themselves.
- Have someone play bartender and serve drinks on demand.
Looking for more summer drink recipes? Try these other favorites:
- 4 cups orange juice
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup white rum
- 1 cup coconut rum
- 1 cup grenadine or to taste
- fruit slices - such as pineapple, sliced oranges, limes or maraschino cherries
- Add the orange juice, pineapple juice, white rum, and coconut rum into a large punch bowl and stir.
- Add in the grenadine a little at a time, until you get the desired sweetness.
- Serve chilled with ice and fruit slices.