This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Three Cheese Bruschetta has so many layers of flavor; it’s crunchy, creamy, tangy and sweet, and it’s a delicious and elegant appetizer that your guests (or just your family) will go nuts for!
I made this Creamy Bruschetta appetizer for the first time about 12 years ago. I was hosting a baby shower for a friend, and I was itching to show off my culinary skill. Everyone loved it and raved about it…but as my friend likes to point out to this day, she’s not a fan of tomato so she was less than thrilled!
I’ve only made it a few times since, and I lost the recipe years ago. I’ve been searching for something similar but for the life of me I couldn’t find anything that sounded like the recipe I’d made so many years ago. I figured it was high time I created it myself.
If you are a fan of Bruschetta, you’re going to love this. The base is a crunchy piece of crostini (which is basically just a skinny french loaf cut into thin slices and baked until it’s nice and crispy – super easy). The next layer is the creamy layer. The best layer in my opinion! It’s got cream cheese, goat cheese and Parmesan cheese. If you’re not a fan of goat cheese (what??) you can replace it with feta or more cream cheese. The third layer cuts all the creaminess of the cheese with a little acid from the tomatoes and the earthy freshness of the basil. The final layer (I told you there were a lot of layers!) is just a little drizzle of balsamic glaze. You can make your own pretty easily if you want, but I just keep a bottle of glaze in my pantry to save time.
There you have it – Four layers of crispy, creamy, tangy, sweet deliciousness! Try this out at your next party; even the most macho of men will be clamoring for more!
Creamy Three Cheese Bruschetta
- 1 baguette french bread cut into 1/4” slices
- olive oil
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic minced (1 teaspoon)
- 6 ripe Roma tomatoes diced
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves chopped, plus some for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons bottled Balsamic glaze optional
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F. Cover a large baking sheet with foil. Arrange baguette slices on the foil and brush both sides lightly with the olive oil. Toast in the 400 degree oven for 5-7 minutes, turning over once, until lightly browned on both sides. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, In a small bowl, combine cheeses. Set aside.
- In another medium sized bowl, stir together diced tomatoes, minced garlic, 3 teaspoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar and chopped basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread cheese mixture on cooled crostini slices. Top with spoonfuls of the tomato mixture. Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
For more delicious appetizers, try these:
For all appetizers go HERE and for the recipe index, go HERE.
Honestly one of the best… goat cheese and bruschetta doesn’t get any better!!! I do wonder if I can make ahead and assemble before eating? Please let me know if you have tried this before
Hi Arionne, you can make the cheese and store it, the tomato mixture and store it up to a day in advance. Store everything separately and assemble when you’re ready to serve.