This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Three Cheese Bruschetta has so many layers of flavor; it’s crunchy, creamy, tangy and sweet, and it’s a delicious and elegant appetizer that your guests (or just your family) will go nuts for!
I made this Creamy Bruschetta appetizer for the first time about 12 years ago. I was hosting a baby shower for a friend, and I was itching to show off my culinary skill. Everyone loved it and raved about it…but as my friend likes to point out to this day, she’s not a fan of tomato so she was less than thrilled!
I’ve only made it a few times since, and I lost the recipe years ago. I’ve been searching for something similar but for the life of me I couldn’t find anything that sounded like the recipe I’d made so many years ago. I figured it was high time I created it myself.
If you are a fan of Bruschetta, you’re going to love this. The base is a crunchy piece of crostini (which is basically just a skinny french loaf cut into thin slices and baked until it’s nice and crispy – super easy). The next layer is the creamy layer. The best layer in my opinion! It’s got cream cheese, goat cheese and Parmesan cheese. If you’re not a fan of goat cheese (what??) you can replace it with feta or more cream cheese. The third layer cuts all the creaminess of the cheese with a little acid from the tomatoes and the earthy freshness of the basil. The final layer (I told you there were a lot of layers!) is just a little drizzle of balsamic glaze. You can make your own pretty easily if you want, but I just keep a bottle of glaze in my pantry to save time.
There you have it – Four layers of crispy, creamy, tangy, sweet deliciousness! Try this out at your next party; even the most macho of men will be clamoring for more!
Creamy Three Cheese Bruschetta
- 1 baguette french bread cut into 1/4” slices
- olive oil
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic minced (1 teaspoon)
- 6 ripe Roma tomatoes diced
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves chopped, plus some for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons bottled Balsamic glaze optional
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F. Cover a large baking sheet with foil. Arrange baguette slices on the foil and brush both sides lightly with the olive oil. Toast in the 400 degree oven for 5-7 minutes, turning over once, until lightly browned on both sides. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, In a small bowl, combine cheeses. Set aside.
- In another medium sized bowl, stir together diced tomatoes, minced garlic, 3 teaspoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar and chopped basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread cheese mixture on cooled crostini slices. Top with spoonfuls of the tomato mixture. Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Serve immediately.
For more delicious appetizers, try these: