This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
7 Can Soup is a delicious and hearty meal that’s ready in under 30 minutes. Made with all canned ingredients from your pantry, this simple soup is budget-friendly and perfect for busy weeknights.
When it comes to easy soup recipes, this one tops the list! Whip this 7 Can Soup up in no time at all, and have plenty of time to bake some homemade Sour Cream Cornbread Muffins or Cheesecake Factory Brown Bread to serve with it!Pin this recipe for later!
Table of Contents
Why I Love This Recipe
The flavors of this soup are very familiar, sort of like a chicken tortilla soup or chicken taco soup. You can customize it to your liking, adding ground beef or ground turkey, or leftover chicken shredded up into bite-size pieces.
Some of my favorite things about the recipe –
- Only 7 Ingredients – The easiest recipe you’ll find, this soup is made with just 7 canned ingredients.
- Hardly Any Prep – With just a few cans to open, your prep time is minimal!
- Delicious and Filling – Hearty beans and veggies with leave your bellies full and satisfied.
- Can Be Vegetarian – Just swap the beef broth for vegetable broth and you have a (potentially) completely vegetarian meal. Be sure to read the labels.
How To Make 7 Can Soup
See recipe card below for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Open the cans and drain all but the tomatoes. Dump the cans together into a big soup pot and the taco seasoning.
- Simmer for about 15-20 minutes. Taste test and add salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve as desired – I like mine loaded with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips and green onions.
Best Soup Toppings
I love to set up a soup topping bar and let everyone go to town selecting their favorite toppings: Shredded cheese, sour cream, sliced green onions, cilantro, avocado, jalapenos, lime wedges, crushed tortilla chips or corn chips.
Storing: Store cooled soup in an airtight container for up to 4-5 days in the refrigerator or 4-5 months in the freezer. It’s a great make ahead meal!
Reheating: Thaw before reheating, then reheat in the microwave or in a saucepan on the stovetop.
- Try it with meat – Add a pound of cooked ground beef or some shredded chicken to your soup.
- Try some veggies – Add a cup of frozen mixed vegetables or some fresh carrots, peas, potatoes, mushrooms or celery.
- Drain – Make sure to drain and rinse the beans well.
- Seasoning – Instead of taco seasoning, you could just add garlic powder, chili powder and onion powder for great flavor.
More Soup Recipes
- Creamy Chicken Potato Soup
- Instant Pot Tomato Soup
- Beer Cheese Soup
- Creamy Chicken Tortellini Soup
- Homemade Chicken and Dumpling Soup
7 Can Soup Recipe
- 15 ounce can diced tomatoes undrained
- 30 ounced canned beef broth
- 15 ounce can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can corn drained
- 4 ounce can sliced olives drained
- 1 ounce packet taco seasoning 1-2 tablespoons
- Add ingredients to a 5-quart dutch oven.
- Bring to a gentle boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese, sliced green onions and crushed tortilla chips for topping, if desired.