This easy Creamy, Cheesy One Pan Chicken, Broccoli & Rice Skillet is an easy 30-minute meal, perfect for busy weeknights! It’s rich and delicious, and the ultimate in comfort food.
Broccoli Cheese soup is one of my favorite comfort foods. I make a bowl, stuff it full of crumbled crackers and get my nosh on. It’s the best! Now I’m turning my favorite flavors into an easy 30 minute dinner, one pan chicken dinner.
This one pan chicken meal is a breeze to whip up. It’s also a great way to get the family eating more veggies. I like making this dinner in a skillet (as opposed to baking in a casserole dish) so I can make sure the rice is cooked through and add more liquid as needed. If you like a little crunch, you can sprinkle the top of the skillet with Ritz cracker crumbs. It’s so good you guys.
If you’re looking for more easy dinner ideas try these!
- Beef Burrito Skillet
- Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Chicken & Cornbread Casserole
- One Pan Lemon Garlic Pasta
- One Pot Chicken Cacciatore
Cheesy Broccoli, Chicken, and Rice Skillet
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 yellow onion peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove peeled and minced
- 1 large chicken breast or 2 thin cut breasts, diced
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 10.75 ounce can cream of chicken soup or broccoli cheese soup
- 1 cup shredded medium cheddar cheese
- 1 cup broccoli florets rough chopped
- 1 cup crushed Ritz crackers optional
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and garlic. Cook for 1 minute stirring frequently. Add the chicken. Stir to combine. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice, milk, broth, and soup to the skillet. Stir to combine until the soup is broken up into the liquid.
- Bring the liquid to a simmer. Stir, and then cover the skillet. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.. (If you don't have a lid for your skillet, it's okay. Just give the dish a stir a little more often.) Uncover and cook for another 8 to 10 minutes, or until the rice is cooked through.
- Add half the cheese and the broccoli to the skillet. Stir to combine. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes so that the cheese is melted and the broccoli is warmed but still has a little crunch.
- Sprinkle the top of your dish with the remaining cheese (and cracker crumbs, if desired). Place your skillet under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes until the cheese is melted (and crackers are golden).
- Server immediately.
Fore more delicious and simple One Pot Meals, try these: