These Chicken Parmesan Pinwheels are a delicious way to enjoy those beloved Italian flavors without a lot of effort. Festive enough for a Christmas appetizer and easy enough for a weeknight dinner.
Chicken Parmesan Roll Ups
Who doesn’t love chicken parmesan? It’s a classic dish with breaded chicken, cheese and tomato sauce usually served over pasta. It’s delicious, but it can take quite a bit of effort to prepare. That’s why these Chicken Parmesan Pinwheels are so perfect! Not only are they a great, simple weeknight dinner option, but they make a great party appetizer too.
How to make Chicken Parmesan Pinwheels
- Like our other baked pinwheel recipes, these Chicken Parmesan Roll Ups start with a sheet of dough. You can use either crescent dough or pizza dough from the refrigerator section of your grocery store.
- Top the dough with shredded chicken and tomato sauce, Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses and Italian seasoning. Then carefully roll it up, starting with the longest side. You want to roll as tight as possible without squishing out the filling.
- Once it’s all nice and rolled up you can slice and bake right away but I recommend refrigerating for at least 30 minutes to make the log easier to slice. Use a sharp, serrated knife when you’re ready to cut the log into pinwheels shapes.
- Bake on a parchment or foil lined cookie sheet to keep the pinwheels from sticking. Garnish with fresh parsley or basil and you’re ready to serve!
Here are some more baked pinwheel recipe we love:
- Spinach & Artichoke Dip Pinwheels – The same flavors of the classic dip, rolled in dough and baked.
- Bacon, Cheddar & Jalapeno Pinwheels – Jalapeno Poppers in roll up form.
- Pizza Pinwheels – Customize to your favorite pizza toppings, these make a delicious after school snack.
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pinwheels – Just 3 ingredient: cheese, bacon, and bread. YUM!
- Ham and Cheese Pinwheels – Who doesn’t love a good hot ham and cheese sandwich? Make them the easy way and roll them up!
- 1 can Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dough sheet or pizza dough
- 1 ½ cups shredded chicken 1 large chicken breast
- 1 cup Marinara
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 ½ cups freshly shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- ½ cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced basil or parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 1 large baking sheet with foil and spray with lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together chicken, marinara and Italian seasoning
- Spread the refrigerated dough out on a large, flat surface and form into a rectangle shape, pressing together any seams. Spread the mixture evenly over the dough. Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese and ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Roll into a log starting with the longer side. For best results, refrigerate the log for 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- When ready to bake, slice the log into 1 inch pieces and arrange on the prepared baking sheet, cut side up. Top each pinwheel equally with the remaining shredded Mozzarella.
- Bake at 375 for 15-17 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- Serve immediately, garnished with fresh minced parsley or basil.
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.