This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Of all the recipes and treats that I’ve created recently, I think this Peppermint Popcorn Munch may be the one my children will be asking for for months to come! It is the perfect combination of salty popcorn and sweet peppermint. And chocolate. You can’t forget the chocolate!
I put this one together on a whim after returning from a recent trip to Target with at least of every kind of Christmas candy/treat I could get my hands on, including Peppermint Oreos and Candy Cake Hershey Kisses.
Popcorn munch is a super easy treat to make. You just need two bags of microwave popcorn, some Peppermint White Chocolate Hershey Kisses and Peppermint Oreos.
You can make your own popcorn in an air popper or even Make Stovetop Popcorn. Just be sure if you get the microwave kind to avoid the butter varieties or your munch might actually be mush! I like the Simply Salted or Sea Salt ones.
This would be great bagged up as a treat for classmates or teachers, or neighbors, too!
More Christmas Treats
Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn Munch
- 20 Candy Cane Oreos crushed
- 48 Candy Cane Kisses
- 2 bags microwave popcorn natural, and regular size, not snack size
- Pop popcorn and remove any unpopped kernels.
- Lay waxed paper or foil out on a large cookie sheet and spread popcorn out on top of the waxed paper. Sprinkle with crushed Oreos.
- Melt kisses slowly in the microwave. Place kisses in a microwavable glass dish (I prefer a glass measuring cup). Heat for about thirty seconds to a minute, stirring at 10-15 second intervals with a DRY SPOON. When it’s almost completely melted, remove from the microwave and continue to stir until all chocolate is meted.
- Pour melted kisses over popcorn. Carefully stir to mix in chocolate.
- Allow 1-2 hours for chocolate to harden. Store in an airtight container. Popcorn munch is best if consumed within 24 hours.