Garlic Lime Chicken Kabobs are perfect for grilling season! Chicken and veggies drizzled with a tangy, creamy garlic lime dressing are the perfect summer dinner.
Garlic Lime Chicken Kabob Recipe
Kabobs are easy to put together and grill and they are fun to eat! I love that they are something unique that you can present in a different way, not just your normal chicken with a side of veggies. Sometimes my kids like to have little competitions to see who can eat the most Grilled Chicken Kabobs! Which is totally cool with me because each kabob has a healthy dose of veggies. Yummy and healthy too!
How to make Grilled Chicken Kabobs
I paired my kabobs with a crunchy green salad and smothered some more Garlic and Lime dressing over the top of the grilled meat and veggies. Add some Cheesy Garlic Bread to make it the best summer meal ever!
Chicken Kabobs couldn’t be easier to make!
- Cut chicken breasts and veggies into equal sized pieces and thread onto skewers. I recommend purchasing a set of stainless steel skewers so you always have them ready. but if you want to use wooden, make sure to soak them in water for 30 minutes first to keep them from burning. Set aside.
- Combine red wine vinegar, lime juice, salt, seasoning salt, chili powder, green onion, garlic and cream cheese in a blender. Drizzle in olive oil and add cilantro and pulse until combined.
- Coat the chicken with 1/2 cup of the dressing and begin skewering the chicken and veggies to prep for grilling. Once you have a few prepped get them started on the grill. Rotate so that all the sides get cooked evenly and you get some nice grill marks.
- Serve chicken kabobs with the remaining dressing for dipping.
How to Cut Chicken for Kabobs
Cut two boneless, skinless chicken breasts in half lengthwise. Trim thin ends if necessary, then cut chicken into cubes. Thred through skewers with the vegetables spaced between the meat.
What to do with leftovers
If you have any leftover chicken kabobs, remove the skewer and store, covered, in the fridge for 3-4 days. You could also place chicken and veggies in freezer bags and freeze for 4-6 months.
Here are some more delicious recipes for the grill:
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Chimichurri Sauce
- Grilled Shrimp Tacos
- Grilled Zucchini Recipe
- Grilled Chicken Marinade Recipe
- Grilled Steak Marinade
Garlic and Lime Grilled Chicken Kabobs
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups of veggies we chose zucchini, cherry tomatoes, onion, bell pepper
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp green onion
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 1 cup canola oil
- Combine red wine vinegar, lime juice, salt, seasoning salt, chili powder, green onion, garlic and cream cheese in a blender. Slowly add oil. Once mixed, pulse to combine cilantro.
- Coat the chicken with 1/2 cup of the dressing and begin skewering the chicken and veggies to prep for grilling. Once you have a few prepped get them started on the grill. Rotate so that all the sides get cooked evenly. We really love that nice grill line! Mmmm.
- When you're ready to eat, drizzle a little more dressing on your kabobs. Serve with lettuce as a salad or in a sandwich or wrap!