Last updated on
Grilled Shrimp Tacos are a 15-minute meal that’s perfect for your next cookout! Colorful and delicious, they’ll fly off the plate!
When the weather gets warm, my grill becomes my best friend. I love not turning on the oven and heating up my house. Better yet, I get all that amazing charred flavor on our dishes and who doesn’t love that?! These Grilled Shrimp Tacos are my favorite quick and easy summer grilling recipe. They take about 10 minutes to prep the shrimp skewers and salsa and 5 minutes to cook the shrimp and tortillas. Then load up your taco shells and you’re in business. It’s all about the 15-minute meal this summer!
Grilled Shrimp Tacos recipe
As much as I love Mexican food, going out to a restaurant can be pricey if you do it regularly. I’m completely guilty of ordering takeout or relishing in someone waiting on me for a change a few nights a week. However, when dinner is this easy I’m more inclined to cook at home.
How to Make Grilled Shrimp Tacos
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat. You can also use an indoor grill to make these shrimp tacos year round.
- In a mixing bowl, combine salsa ingredients and stir to combine. Let rest while preparing shrimp. If you can, make this a half hour ahead of time to give the flavors a chance to come together.
- Peel and devein raw shrimp, and remove the tails for easy eating. Place shrimp in a bowl.
- Mix together oil and seasoning then pour over the shrimp and stir to coat. Thread shrimp on the skewers.
- Grill for 2-3 minutes per side, flipping once. Cook until shrimp is pink all the way through.
- Grill tortillas on both sides until slightly charred and warm, about 30 seconds. (If your grill is big enough you can do this while the shrimp are cooking.
- Fill tortillas with shrimp and salsa and serve immediately.
Please please please grill your tortillas for these shrimp tacos. They have a great flavor and taste a million times better than uncooked tortillas right out of the package. Also, if you prefer a corn tortilla you’re welcome to substitute, but I like the slightly crispy and soft texture of a flour tortilla for shrimp tacos.
Grilled Shrimp Taco Tips
- I like to make the mango salsa for these shrimp tacos ahead of time and really let the flavors marry together for 2-3 hours. If you don’t have the time to wait, that’s okay too! It’s delicious right out of the bowl.
- Then it’s onto the shrimp. If you’re using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water for 30 minutes before grilling to keep them from burning to a crisp. To save yourself the trouble, get a set of these metal skewers for grilling and you’re set!
Can’t get enough Mexican food in your life? Me either!! Try some of my other favorite recipes.
- Cuervo & Tecate Slow Cooker Carnitas
- Pork Chilaquiles Recipe
- How to Make Homemade Taquitos
- Chicken Enchiladas
- Slow Cooker Pork Tinga
Grilled Shrimp Tacos
- 1 pound raw shrimp peeled, deveined & tails removed
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 6-inch tortillas
- 2 mangoes peeled, cored & diced
- 1/2 red onion finely diced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper seeded & finely diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place shrimp in a medium bowl. In a small bowl, stir together oil and seasonings. Pour over shrimp and stir until coated.
- Skewer shrimp, about 6-7 per skewer depending on size. Grill for 2-3 minutes per side or until pink all the way through. Removed from grill to a platter.
- Place tortillas on the grill, working in batches, and grill for 30 seconds per side or until lightly browned and beginning to puff up a bit. Transfer to a plate.
- Place salsa ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix together until evenly combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. (You can add more lime juice or jalapeno if you want more acid bite or heat.)
- Assemble tacos by adding 4-5 shrimp to a tortilla and topping with salsa. Serve immediately.