These Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken Tacos are super delicious and a perfect way to switch up Taco Tuesday. Toss some chicken and a few ingredients in the crockpot and in a few hours you have delicious, tender chicken that is great in all kinds of recipes.
Tacos are a go-to for us on busy nights, as they are for many busy families. They are easy to prepare and kids love them. Plus each person can customize their taco with whatever toppings they like. I’m a traditional girl and stick with lettuce, cheese and tomatoes on my tacos, but these Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken Tacos are an exception where I pour on the ranch to add even more great flavor.
As with most slow cooker recipes, you could easily make these Ranch Chicken Tacos in your Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker. Just add the ingredients and cook.
The best way that I have found to make chicken in the slow cooker is to start with frozen meat. That’s right! Just drop the frozen chicken in and let the slow cooker do it’s thing. Chicken is best cooked at high heat but the slow cooker can sometimes dry out your chicken. Just add the taco and ranch seasonings to the frozen chicken breasts, a little salsa and turn the slow cooker to high – no more dry chicken!
Once the chicken is cooked through, shred it up and place it back into the pot for 30 minutes or so. This get those juices enveloping every little pieces and the result is super tender, juicy chicken.
We really have developed an affinity for baking our tacos. I’ll include instructions in the recipe below if you choose that method. It’s simple – just fill your crunchy taco shells (we like El Paso Stand and Fill Taco Shells) with meat and cheese, then bake them in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes. The shells get nice and crunchy and the cheese gooey and melty. Then you’ve got plenty of room on top to add your toppings!
We love this chicken in tacos of course, but it’s also super delicious with Mexican Rice (think Arroz con Pollo) or in burritos and especially in my famous Chicken Taco Salad. I always make a ton of chicken and then we make several different entrees throughout the week. My kids even take it in their school lunches! If they will eat it in front of their friends, it has to be good!
Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken Tacos
Ranch Chicken Tacos
- 1/2 packet Ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 packet Taco Seasoning
- 3 large fresh or frozen frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
- ½ cup salsa I use Pace Picante Sauce
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced tomatoes
- Shredded cheese
- Diced avocado
- Chopped bacon
- Ranch dressing
- Salsa or hot sauce
- Taco shells or soft flour tortillas
- Place chicken in the slow cooker and sprinkle with seasoning packets. Pour salsa over and around the chicken. Cover and cook on high for 3 1/2-4 1/2 hours or on low for 5-6 hours, until chicken shreds easily and is no longer pink.
- Shred chicken in the slow cooker and stir to combine. Cover and cook an additional 20-30 minutes.
- Assemble tacos in taco shells with desired toppings. Serve immediately.
For more delicious slow cooker meals, try these: