This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Goat cheese adds a creamy texture and tangy flavor to ordinary spaghetti sauce. Works with homemade sauce or pour it right out of a jar to save tons of time, making this a super easy 10 minute meal!
Spaghetti has always been my go-to for nights when a) I don’t want to cook, or b) my kids are balking at everything I suggest. It’s easy to whip up using jarred sauce and dry pasta and I can have dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes.
Lately we’ve been getting tired of the same old stand-by so I decided to try to change it up a little bit. My plan was to make a creamy sauce using heavy cream or cream cheese. So I heated my sauce and cooked up the pasta, then went to the fridge to find that neither of those things were there. But I did have goat cheese, so I gave it a try and it was so delicious! My kids gobbled it up and there were hardly any leftovers.
Goat Cheese and Tomato Sauce for Pasta
- 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 pound pasta spaghetti and linguine work best, cooked to package directions
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese for garnish if desired
- Fresh parsley for garnish if desired
- Heat spaghetti sauce over medium heat until bubbly. Remove from heat and stir in goat cheese until completely melted.
- Add cooked pasta straight out of the cooking water to the sauce.
For more delicious pasta dishes, try these: