Cool peppermint meets the delicious flavors of S’Mores in these amazing Peppermint S’Mores Brownies!
Welcome to the Sweets & Treats Blog Hop! Thirty-four tempting treats that are sure to be a hit at Christmas this year – be sure to visit each of the links (trust me, they’re all amazing!). You can find the links at the bottom of this post.
Of course when you mention Christmas treats, my mind immediately goes to peppermint and chocolate. It’s my favorite Christmas combination. The S’mores flavor combination of chocolate, marshmallow and graham crackers is a close second, so when I saw Peppermint Mini Marshmallows at Walmart, I knew immediately that they would be perfect for a Christmas version of my popular S’Mores Oreo Brownies!
They are so easy to make. You can use a box mix (like I did) or your favorite brownie recipe. My favorite mix is Ghirardelli but any box mix will work.
To make the Peppermint S’Mores Brownies, start by layering foil in the bottom of an 8″x8″ baking dish. then layer graham crackers, breaking to fit if necessary.
Next mix the batter and add Andes peppermint baking chips and peppermint marshmallows. Pour the batter over the graham crackers and bake. Add marshmallows to the top at the end of the baking time and broil for two minutes.
Allow the brownies to cool completely before cutting into squares – if you don’t you’ll have a sticky mess on your hands (and your knife!). For easiest cutting, I recommend dipping the knife in hot water then wiping clean before each slice.
Be sure to save one for yourself – I promise they will go quickly!
Peppermint S’Mores Brownies
- 1 box of 18 oz Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- Eggs, Oil and Water as called for on box
- 5 graham crackers, broken in half
- 1/2 cup Andes Peppermint Baking Chips
- 1 cup Peppermint marshmallows (for mixing)
- 1 1/2 cup Peppermint marshmallows (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place rack in the center of the oven.
- Line an 8"x8" pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package instructions.
- Place graham crackers in the bottom of the pan, breaking as needed to fit.
- Add peppermint baking chips and one cup of mini marshmallows to the brownie batter and fold in gently.
- Pour brownie batter over the graham crackers and spread very gently with a knife to cover.
- Bake for approx. 27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out almost clean.
- Switch to broiler and sprinkle remaining marshmallows on top of brownies.
- Place pan back into the center of the oven and leave door cracked open for about two minutes so marshmallows can brown. Watch closely as they can burn quickly!
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
As promised here are 33 more Sweets and Treats to rock your Christmas party this year!
Candy Cane Marshmallow Treats from My Uncommon Slice Of Suburbia
Peppermint Chocolate Cream Pie from Domestically Speaking
Cake Mix in a Mug Gift from Cupcakes and Crinoline
Peppermint S’Mores Brownies from Yellow Bliss Road
Chocolate Toffee Bark from Setting for Four
My Favorite Sugar Cookies from Stone Gable
Peppermint Bark Cheesecake Dip from A Pumpkin & A Princess
Christmas Snowman Sundaes from An Extraordinary Day
White Chocoalte Gingerbread Mocha Mix from Twelve O Eight
Rocky Road Candy from A Night Owl
The Original Fantasy Fudge from At The Picket Fence
White Chocolate Macadamia Cranberry Bark from Lemon Tree Dwelling
Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows from Mom 4 Real
Tiger Butter Bark from Uncommon Designs
The Easiest Holiday Cookie Ever from Top This Top That
Christmas Ornament Cupcakes from Sweet Rose Studio
Frosted Peppermint Brownies from Lolly Jane
Carrot Cake Mix Cookies from Sweet C’s Designs
Peppermint Donuts from Yesterday on Tuesday
Gluten Free Rum Cake from Inspiration for Moms
Caramel Popcorn Chocolate Bark from Clean and Scentsible
Andes Fudge from Eclectic Mom Sense
Chocolate Candies from French Country Cottage
Christmas Parfait from Clever Pink Pirate
Salted Caramels from Frenchie
Cranberry Bliss Bars from Food, Folks and Fun
Peppermint Bark Candy from Live Laugh Rowe
Cinnamon Rolls from Unskinny Boppy
Banana Caramel Crunch Bites from Nibbles By Nic
Apricot Pockets from Redhead Can Decorate
Rocky Road Fudge from Ella Claire
Peppermint Chocolate Fudge from Crazy Little Projects
Triple Chocolate Peanut Clusters from Major Hoff Takes A Wife
Christmas Trifle from Town and Country Living
For more delicious treats from Yellow Bliss Road, be sure to try these:
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
For a complete list of recipes on the site, go HERE.