Last updated on
Pink Velvet Cake Roll is gorgeous dessert for Valentine’s Day! Pink sponge cake filled with a light cream cheese frosting is an elegant and delicious dessert you’ll swoon for!
Cake rolls are seriously one of the prettiest desserts to make! When I made my first one, I was so intimidated and afraid that it would crack when I rolled it. I am proud to say it turned out so perfect with none of my fears coming to fruition! The combination of the light and fluffy sponge cake with a light cream cheese buttercream is just phenomenal. When I made this cake roll, the whole thing was devoured immediately and it was very well received by everyone!
This pink velvet cake roll is the perfect dessert to whip up for Valentine’s Day! It would be so incredible with a glass of wine after a nice dinner, and it has a lovely, festive pop of color. This cake roll was inspired by a classic red velvet cake roll with a twist. As fun as red velvet is, the pink just stands out more on a holiday doused in red! This sponge cake would also be a phenomenal dessert to make for Easter! With the pastel pink cake, it could easily be the highlight of any Easter meal with friends and family!
I highly suggest making sure the cake has about 1-2 hours to chill in the fridge once it’s been assembled. This will help make sure the frosting is nice and firm making it easier to slice the cake. Don’t forget to dust the top of the cake with powdered sugar too!
Pink Velvet Cake Roll
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Pink food coloring
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover a 10"x15"x1" jelly roll pan with non-stick spray before lining it with parchment paper sprayed non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs for 3-4 minutes on high. Add sugar into the eggs in batches, continuing to beat. Add in milk, vegetable oil, vinegar, and almond extract. Add in food coloring little by little to the right shade of pink, should be just under ⅛ tsp.
- Sift in flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat until well combined.
- Pour batter into lined pan, spreading across the pan evenly. Place in oven to bake for 13-15 minutes, the cake should spring back when touched.
- While the cake is baking, place a tea towel on a flat surface, sprinkling powdered sugar on it. Once cake is out of the oven, immediately invert it onto the tea towel. Remove the parchment paper from it and roll the cake with the towel starting on the short end very slowly. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- While the cake is cooling, combine cream cheese, butter, and vanilla in a stand mixer. Beat until well combined before slowly adding in the powdered sugar.
- Once the cake has cooled, carefully unroll it and remove the towel. Evenly spread the frosting across it before rolling it back up. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Make sure to check out these amazing dessert recipes!
Looking for more amazing Valentine’s Day recipes? Check out these: