This strawberry lemonade popsicle recipe is so bright and refreshing! It’s tangy, sweet, and the perfect summer dessert to cool off with!
It’s finally getting close to strawberry season here in New York. That means you can pick them up for a decent price at the supermarket and have them taste like an actual sweet, juicy strawberry. We have a farm nearby that grows them, so we can always pop into a farmers market this time of the year which is my favorite.
Desserts always taste so much better with a fruit that is in season. They are sweeter, juicier, and cheaper! Depending on this recipe, the next best thing is a bag of frozen fruit. So, if strawberries aren’t in season when you make this, feel free to grab some frozen strawberries to partially thaw and blend up.
Who doesn’t love making popsicles at home? They’re so easy to make and with a few tips, they’re easy to pop out of the molds too. When I first started making popsicles at home, I didn’t know what I was doing. I had a hard time trying to figure out how to get the popsicle out and keeping the stick in.
Tips to make this Strawberry Lemonade Popsicle Recipe
- If you have a different mold and want to use wooden popsicle sticks instead of the plastic tops provided, cover the top of the mold with heavy duty tin foil or press and seal. Cut small holes and add the popsicle sticks in.
- Soak your wooden popsicle sticks in water before putting them into the popsicles.
- Run the bottom of the mold under warm water for about 20 seconds making sure the warm water gets on all of the cavities. You can do it an additional 10 seconds if needed.
- Lastly, remove the popsicles from the mold and cover each one with plastic wrap or press and seal. Pop them in a freezer bag until you’re ready to enjoy one or 3.
I adore the layers of this strawberry lemonade popsicle recipe, but it tastes pretty amazing with the strawberry and lemonade mixed together too. It will depend on how long you want to spend on making these.
To have separate layers, I added the strawberry puree into the popsicle mold and put it in the freezer to slightly firm up for 30 minutes. Be careful not to get it down the sides of the mold otherwise, you won’t see the lemonade layer as clearly. Add the lemonade in, popsicle stick, and pop it in the freezer to chill overnight.
Want more frozen treats for summer?
Strawberry Lemonade Popsicle Recipe
- 1 3/4 cups strawberries hulled and diced
- 1 cup about 5 medium lemons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar divided
- Add the diced strawberries and 2 T. granulated sugar into a blender. Blend until completely smooth.
- Add to a 10 cavity popsicle mold being careful not to spill the strawberry puree down the sides.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, add in the water and remaining sugar. Heat over medium just until the sugar is dissolved. This should take about 3 minutes of simmering.
- Pour the lemon juice in with the simple syrup and stir.
- Using a funnel, fill the remaining popsicle molds with lemonade.
- Soak the wooden popsicle sticks in water for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add the popsicle sticks to the mold. Place in the freezer for at least 8 hours to overnight.
- Run the popsicle mold under warm water for about 20 seconds to release the popsicles. You can run them under water longer if the popsicles won't release from the mold on the first try.