These Coconut Chicken Tenders are crispy, juicy and full of flavor. Serve them along with the spicy orange marmalade dipping sauce for a fun weeknight meal your family will love.
Chicken tenders are a beloved favorite of most kids, mine included. But they are usually deep fried which obviously isn’t the most healthy. That’s why I like to bake mine any time I make them. My kids don’t seem to care – chicken tenders are a favorite no matter what, and these Baked Coconut Chicken Tenders were no exception!
Instead of coating the chicken with breadcrumbs, I coated them just with coconut, trying to make them a little bit healthier. This resulted in a slightly crispy, slightly sweet coating that was absolutely delicious.
And because you can’t have chicken tenders without something to dip them in, I made this yummy sweet and spicy sauce to go with them. You can control the heat by adding more or less hot sauce. This sauce definitely adds to the tropical flair of the baked coconut chicken tenders!
Coconut Chicken TendersPrint Pin Rate
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders 10-12 tenders
- 3/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 eggs + 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup Bisquick
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Orange Marmalade
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons honey
- your favorite hot sauce to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed cookie sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Fill three shallow dishes (like pie plates) as follows: one with the Bisquick + cayenne pepper, one with the eggs whisked with the milk, and the last one with the coconut flakes.
- Create an assembly line to coat the chicken. Dredge chicken in the Bisquick mixture and coat completely. Shake off excess and coat with egg mixture. Shake off excess and coat with coconut., pressing the flakes into the chicken to coat completely. Arrange chicken tender on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle tenders with a few pinches of salt and pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-18 minutes, turning tenders over after about 10 minutes to brown both sides.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dipping sauce. In a small bowl stir together orange marmalade, red pepper flakes and honey. Allow to sit for at least 10 minutes; taste and add hot sauce if desired.
- Serve tenders hot with dipping sauce on the side.
For more family friendly meal ideas, try these:
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.