Barbecue Ranch Cheddar Baked Chicken is the perfect weeknight meal to satisfy your hungry family. It’s easy, delicious, and is ready in less than 30 minutes!
When it comes to feeding my family, chicken recipes are my go-to. Chicken is pretty easy to work with and there are so many different ways to prepare it. This particular recipe is a take on my Ranch Parmesan Baked Chicken, and uses the same method.
Hidden Valley has recently come out with a new line of salad dressings. Since Hidden Valley has always been our go-to Ranch Dressing, I was excited to try them out. There are four new flavors from Hidden Valley Ranch now available at Walmart, including Ranch Honey BBQ, Ranch Buffalo, Ranch Sriracha, and Ranch Cilantro Lime. The Hidden Valley Ranch Honey BBQ is definitely in the running for our new favorite. It’s delicious in chicken wraps, on salads, and on this Barbecue Ranch Cheddar Baked Chicken. Love that Walmart makes it easy to pick up everything I need for any of these delicious meals.
If you’d like to try these new Hidden Valley Ranch Dressings for yourself, here’s a handy coupon for you: Walmart/Hidden Valley Coupon.
Now to make the chicken, start by pounding out the chicken breasts. This is so important because you want them to be even thickness so they will stay juicy and not dry out. Season them with garlic salt and chili powder, then brush on the Hidden Valley Ranch Honey BBQ Dressing. Finally crush us some cheese crackers (like Cheese-Its or Cheese Nips) and combine them with some shredded Cheddar cheese. Press that mixture into the chicken. The crackers and cheese will form a delicious crust on the chicken, and the dressing helps to keep the chicken super juicy and tender.
I like to top the chicken with some parsley for color, but it’s a completely optional step. See how golden brown it gets? So yummy!
Serve it with some of the Ranch Honey BBQ dressing on the side for dipping.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup cheddar cheese crackers
- 1/4 cup Hidden Valley Honey Barbecue Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- In a seal-able plastic bag, gently pound chicken until it's uniform in thickness. Cut breasts in half, if desired.
- In a food processor, pulse together crackers, shredded Cheddar and dried parsley. (alternatively, you could crush the crackers by hand and stir together with the cheese and parsley.
- Spray a 9"x13" pan with cooking spray to prevent sticking. Place chicken in the pan and sprinkle with garlic salt and chili powder.
- Brush chicken evenly with Honey Barbecue Ranch Dressing, then sprinkle cracker mixture on top. Press the cracker mixture into the chicken lightly with your hands.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes. Tops should be golden brown. If additional browning time is needed, place chicken under the broiler for a couple minutes.
- Serve hot.
For more easy chicken dinner recipes, try these:
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hidden Valley Ranch. The opinions and text are all mine.
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.