This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Who doesn’t love hot cocoa this time of year? I recently came up with the recipe for this Coconut Caramel Hot Chocolate I knew in an instant it would be a perfect way to step up our game for movie night! With the flavors of coconut and caramel, this drink tastes just like a Samoas Girl Scout Cookie! This delicious drink recipe is sure to become a new favorite.
I know you wish you could lick your screen right now, and trust me – so do I! We love making this delicious drink around the holidays. There’s nothing better than curling up on the couch with a warm blanket watch Elf, eating popcorn and sipping hot chocolate! I wish I could say that I have a spectacular base recipe for hot cocoa, but I usually use… shhhhh… the packet mix! Promise you won’t share my secret mmkay?
HOW TO MAKE COCONUT CARAMEL HOT CHOCOLATE
I decided I wanted to try something a little different this time and go for a homemade hot cocoa recipe.
- To make this recipe, you will start by heating milk in a saucepan over low heat. Let it come almost to a simmer where little bubbles are starting to form around the edges. Do not let the milk boil as it will scorch and won’t be any good.
- For this drink, I used one part nonfat milk and one part coconut Milk, then I added milk chocolate chips and caramel sauce and let them melt into the warm milk while you whisk it to keep it from scorching. If you don’t like coconut milk you could use regular milk for the whole thing.
- Of course you can’t have hot chocolate without whipped cream (we definitely prefer it to marshmallows!). Toasted coconut and a drizzle of caramel sauce top it off to make the most decadent hot chocolate you’ve ever tasted!
Here are some more recipes to try:
Caramel Coconut Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups Nonfat Milk
- 2 cups Coconut Milk 1-14 oz can
- 1 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 tablespoon Caramel Sauce
- Whipped Cream
- Toasted Coconut
- Caramel Sauce for drizzle
- Heat milk and coconut milk together in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat; do not boil.
- Add milk chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon caramel sauce. Stir until chocolate is melted. Divide into mugs, top with whipped cream, toasted coconut and a drizzle of caramel sauce.