This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Soup – This soul warming soup is creamy, cheesy, and comforting! A decadent soup that tastes just like chicken alfredo! Made easy in one pot and perfect for cold nights!
Hey, everyone! It’s officially soup weather in my neck of the woods, and by that I mean it’s really cold and gloomy outside and I’m in desperate need of some warm comfort food! This chicken alfredo soup is quite possibly set to be my favorite food this cold weather season.
It’s incredibly easy to make, all in one pot. The ingredients are simple but produce a really rich and velvety soup. Tastes like something you would get at a restaurant, but you’ve made it at home and in 30 minutes or less. That’s my kind of meal!
I know I said above that it’s cold and gloomy, but I’m really very excited that fall is finally here! I love the crisp, cool, mornings and that delicious smell in the air. This is the time of year that I really get inspired to create new recipes and can’t wait to be in the kitchen. Cozy-ing up with my family and a big warm bowl of this Chicken Alfredo Soup feels like magic!
Even though I want to spend all of my time in the kitchen during the cold weather months, that’s not always an option. That’s why I made it my mission to make this a one pot soup. Now, you will have to steam your broccoli separately from the soup, because we don’t want to run the risk of the soup turning green!
What I do to keep that super easy is purchase the frozen broccoli that you can steam right in the bag. It usually takes about 4-5 minutes in the microwave and you can get that going in a snap while your noodles cook. For the pasta, I recommend using egg noodles for one reason, they cook fast! This way your pasta cooks quickly and you still have plenty of liquid for your soup!
Enjoy! If you’re looking for other cozy fall soups you must try my Creamy Tortellini Soup and my Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup!
Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Soup
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Onion Diced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 4 Cups Chicken Stock
- 2 Cups Uncooked Egg Noodles
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Cups Broccoli Florets Cooked
- 3 Cups Cooked Chicken diced or shredded
- In a large pot over medium heat saute the onion and garlic in the butter for 2-3 minutes until tender. Whisk in the flour and cook whisking constantly for 2 minutes until bubbly.
- Whisk in the chicken stock.
- Once the stock is simmering add the egg noodles and cook for 8-10 minutes until noodles are tender.
- Stir in the heavy cream, parmesan cheese, cooked broccoli, salt, pepper, and chicken.
- Allow the soup to cook for 2-3 more minutes until everything is heated through.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
If you loved this Chicken Alfredo Soup, here’s another favorite soup to try:
White Bean, Kale & Sausage Soup
For more delicious soup recipes, try these:
- Easy Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Soup
I make a lot of different soups. This rates as one of the best.
Thank you Dale!
Sooooooo good. I will never use the box stuff again.thanks for the recipe?
Thank you DeAnna! and thanks for sharing your feedback.