You’ll never try another Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie recipe again after taking a bite of this one! Thick peanut butter mousse nestled in a chocolate cookie crust, then topped with chocolate ganache and crushed peanuts – it’s basically a giant no-bake peanut butter cup that you won’t wanna share!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
There’s a reason that peanut butter cups are the most popular candy in the United States.
They are so freaking GOOD! And, depending on which incarnation is your favorite, everyone can find their perfect ratio of chocolate to peanut butter.
Personally, I’m a mini cup fan, but I do like to indulge in those festive little egg-shaped guys when they come around. The more PB the better, IMO.
This incredible Peanut Butter Pie is basically a peanut butter cup lover’s DREAM, and if that describes you…you better go shopping if you don’t have all the stuff to make this tonight!
I have loved this pie for as long as I can remember. I get pretty excited when I see it on a restaurant menu, and I never hesitate to order a slice if I have room for dessert.
Of course, not all peanut butter pie is created equal.
I have been majorly disappointed in what some places think a peanut butter pie should be.
Loose and fluffy filling. Too much whipped cream. Graham cracker crust.
While I appreciate the beauty of twists on recipes (I do it all the time), some things just shouldn’t be messed with.
This particular version of pie is meant for those of us who love decadent desserts.
The crust is thick. The filling is rich. The ganache is just the right amount of oozy.
A 9-inch pie should honestly stretch to feed 12 people – a small slice will be plenty for each person to feel satisfied!
Tips For Making Peanut Butter Pie
- Use any creamy peanut butter you like! I’ve made this with normal and natural peanut butter and it works well with both!
- Feel free to use salted or unsalted butter.
- You don’t need to sift the powdered sugar in the peanut butter mousse, however if yours seems particularly lumpy you may want to.
- Feel free to use your favorite type of chocolate chips for the ganache – semi-sweet, milk, or dark. You can also use an equal amount of chopped chocolate bars instead if that’s what you have on hand.
- If you want a chunky-style pie, fold roasted peanuts into the peanut butter mousse after the whipped cream.
How To Make Peanut Butter Pie
This no-bake beauty is easy as pie (badum-tish) to make and uses super simple, common ingredients found in any dessert lovers home!
- First, make the crust. Place chocolate sandwich cookies and melted butter in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Pulse 30-40 seconds until it is finely ground and combined, the press the crumbs into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Place the crust in the freezer to set while you mix the peanut butter filling.
- Next, combine the creamy peanut butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat together on low speed until smooth and creamy. Fold in whipped cream in a few batches until it’s well combined and fluffy. Transfer the filling into the chilled crust, evenly smoothing the top with a spatula. Chill or freeze to set, 30-60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the chocolate ganache. Place chocolate chips in a large heatproof bowl. In a separate microwaveable bowl, heat heavy cream for 40-60 seconds until it reaches about 115 degrees F. Pour the warm cream over the chocolate chips and allow it all to sit and melt for about 5 minutes. Gently whisk the mixture until it’s glossy and smooth.
- Remove the pie from the fridge and pour the still warm ganache over the peanut butter layer. Sprinkle the middle with chopped peanuts. Return to the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, covered.
When you’re ready to serve the pie, pipe additional whipped cream around the outer edge and garnish with peanut butter cups if desired. Store any leftover pie (if you have any!) in a sealable container in the refrigerator.
More Pie Recipes To Try!
Even More Peanut Butter Desserts!
- Peanut Butter Hot Fudge Sundae Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter Crispy Bars
- The Best Peanut Butter Blossoms Recipe
- Peanut Butter Apple Dip
- No Bake Reeses & Chocolate Cheesecake
Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 (14.3 oz package) chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces whipped cream homemade or store-bought, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts chopped
- Mini peanut butter cups for garnish
- Place cookies and melted butter in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Pulse until finely ground and combined.
- Press the crumbs into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Freeze crust while you mix the peanut butter filling, at least 10 minutes, until set.
- Combine peanut butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar in a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on low until smooth and creamy. Fold in whipped cream in batches until well combined.
- Transfer filling into chilled crust, evenly smoothing the top with a spatula. Chill or freeze to set, 30-60 minutes.
- Add chocolate chips to a large heatproof bowl. Place heavy cream in a microwaveable bowl and heat 40-60 seconds until it reaches 115 degrees F. Pour warm cream over chocolate chips and allow to sit for 5 minutes, then whisk gently until smooth.
- Pour the ganache over the peanut butter layer, then sprinkle with chopped peanuts. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour until ready to serve.
- Pipe whipped cream on the outer edge and garnish with peanut butter cups if desired.