This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Cookie Butter Blossoms are a nut-free version of everyone’s favorite cookie! A sweet chocolate kiss nuzzled into a chewy cookie butter cookie for the ultimate (nut free) holiday cookie!
Table of Contents
Why We Love These Cookie Butter Blossoms
Have you ever heard of Peanut Butter Blossoms (aka Kiss Cookies)? They are super popular around the holidays, and you can’t hardly go to a Christmas party without seeing some.
They are my favorite cookie, butwe have a nut allergy so unfortunately I can’t make them. That’s why I came up with this alternative – Cookie Butter Blossoms!
Instead of peanut butter, I took our 50 year old recipe and updated it with cookie butter. I’ve tried other substitutes, like sun butter, but the cookie butter just did the job better and was as close as could be in texture. They are just like the classic Hershery kiss cookies without the peanut butter!
How to Make Cookie Butter Blossoms
- Mix together dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Cream together butters in another bowl and with an electric mixer. Mix in sugars, egg and vanilla.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, then form into balls and roll the balls in sugar.
- Arrange on the baking sheet and bake for 8-9 minutes.
- Remove and place a kiss on top of each cookie. Bake again for 2-3 minutes.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 4-5 days. For maximum freshness, enjoy within 4 days or freeze in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
More Cookies to Try
Cookie Butter Blossoms
- 1 ¾ cup sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- ¾ cup cookie butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 dozen milk chocolate candy kisses
- Sift together flour, soda and salt and set aside. Cream together butters. Gradually add sugars. Add egg and vanilla. Blend in dry ingredients.
- Form into balls using a teaspoon of dough for each. Roll in granulated sugar and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Place a chocolate kiss on top of each cookie until it cracks around the edges.
- Bake 2-5 minutes more until golden brown.