This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies have a combination of sweet chocolate and tart cranberries in a chewy oatmeal cookie. It’s a delicious Christmas cookie that you can enjoy year round!
If you loved these cookies, try my Chocolate Crinkle Cookies next!Pin this recipe for later!
Table of Contents
Why I Love This Recipe
- Sweet and Tart – The tart cranberries and semi-sweet chocolate chips are a winning combination.
- Perfect for the Holidays – Cranberry is an iconic holiday flavor, making this cookie perfect for Christmas cookie trays.
- They Freeze Beautifully – Make these cookies in advance and save them for the holidays.
How To Make Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Mix dry ingredients in one bowl and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in another bowl until creamy, then beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Stir in chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto silicone mat-lined cookie sheets and bake at 350℉ for 8-10 minutes.
No, that wouldn’t be the same thing. They would be very bitter and tart rather than add a sweetness to the cookies.
This type of cookies does really well in the freezer! Wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and store in a freezer container. They will remain fresh for at least 6 months, sometimes up to a year.
Store cookies in an airtight container. They will remain fresh for 3-4 days at room temperature or up to 6 months (or longer) in the freezer.
- Add a teaspoon of ground cinnamon with the flour to elevate the flavor.
- For thicker cookies that are less likely to spread, refrigerate for 20-30 minutes after scooping and before baking.
- For evenly sized cookies, use a cookie scoop.
Try These Cookies Next
Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats, if desired, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugars until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla until mixture is light in color and fluffy.
- Slowly add flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Gently stir in chocolate chips and dried cranberries.
- Place heaping tablespoons of dough about 2” apart on the prepared cookie sheets. (I like to use a cookie scoop for evenly sized cookies.)
- Bake 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees F. Cool slightly on cookie sheets before transferring to cooling racks to cool completely.