Easy Beef & Macaroni Soup is a rich and delicious classic goulash soup. With a hearty tomato beef broth, tender pasta & veggies, this is classic comfort food. It’s a great meal for those cool fall nights when you need to get dinner on the table fast!
If you’ve ever had the traditional American Goulash, it’s a lot like this soup. Rich and hearty, and full of beef and tomato flavor. To make it a complete meal I added some veggies, and to keep it simple I used frozen. You could use some fresh veggies if you have them on hand, but we are going for an easy weeknight meal here.
Ready to make some Beef & Tomato Macaroni Soup?
The best part about this soup – well, other than it tastes freakin’ amazing – it’s sup easy and doesn’t take a lot of time! You can easily have this soup ready to serve in about 30 minutes.
I chose to use ground sirloin since it’s leaner than other types of ground beef. But you could use whatever you normally buy. The beef is cooked with some onion and garlic and then drained. Spices are added and then tomatoes, beef broth and a dash of Worcestershire for a deeper, richer flavor. I also add 2 cups of frozen vegetables but you could add fresh if you have some on hand.
This Beef & Tomato Macaroni Soup has really become a family favorite, and one that’s going to be on our menu every month for sure! My kids love to take the leftovers in their school lunches and let me tell you – their friends are jealous!
While I did add the macaroni directly to the soup, if you’re planning for lots of leftovers, I’d add the cooked macaroni to each individual bowl as you serve. Pasta tends to continue to soak up liquid even after it’s been cooked and cooled, so keep that in mind.
Easy Beef & Tomato Macaroni Soup Recipe:
Beef & Tomato Macaroni Soup
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes with the juice
- 32 ounces beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Heat a large soup pot over medium heat. Add ground beef, onion, garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until meat is no longer pink.
- Stir in Italian seasoning and bay leaves and cook for a minute.
- Stir in beef broth, water, tomatoes and tomato paste and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20-30 minutes. Taste and add salt and pepper as desired.
- Meanwhile, in a small pot, cook macaroni in boiling, salted water until al dente.
- Add macaroni to the soup. Ladle into bowls and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
- Also delicious with shredded cheddar, mozzarella or Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top!
Here’s another easy beef soup that’s a favorite:
And here are even more delicious beef soups:
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.