Several weeks ago on Facebook we talked about our favorite kinds of popcorn, and you guys had some amazing ideas! I’m working on a huge list (like 100+ popcorn recipes!!) of my favorites that I will be sharing tomorrow, but in the meantime I’m going to share my favorite.
Popcorn has always been a favorite snack of mine. When I was little, my grandma used to make me popcorn on the stove every time I visited for a sleepover; in fact, I looked forward to it. The taste of hot popcorn is such a comfort to me now, and a snack that I indulge in, probably a little too often!
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 1/2 stick butter can sub 2 Tbsp olive oil for a healthier version
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1-2 tsp garlic salt add regular salt if needed
- 1 Tbsp Basil
- Pop your popcorn using your preferred method. I love stove top popcorn. (If you use microwave popcorn, be sure to use the no butter version).
- While the popcorn is popping, or even before, melt your butter and measure out your seasonings into a separate dish. (*If using Olive Oil, be sure to warm it in the microwave) As soon as your popcorn is finished, pour it into a large seal-able bowl and drizzle with half the butter or olive oil and half of the seasonings. Cover and shake to distribute. Repeat with the remainder of the butter and seasoning.
- Enjoy your fresh, hot, garlicky buttered popcorn!