Savory, cheesy and slighty sweet, this Ham and Cheese Croissant Breakfast Casserole would be perfect for a weekend breakfast or even brunch.
I am not a huge fan of breakfast, but I do love a good breakfast casserole. I like when the eggs combine with the cheese and the meat and the bread or potatoes. Maybe that’s why I have a thing for breakfast sandwiches.
I also have a thing for croissants, and could eat them pretty much any time. Well, you know how a lot of yummy breakfast casseroles call for bread? It’s used as a binder to hold everything together. The croissants do that in this casserole and holy yum do they take it to a whole ‘nother level. Savory ham, tender, flaky croissants and creamy cheese. It doesn’t get much better!
Ham and Cheese Croissant Breakfast CasserolePrint Pin Rate
- 3 large croissants or 6 small torn into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg if desired
- Spray an 8-9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange half of the croissant pieces in the baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the ham and cheese. Repeat with the remaining croissant pieces and ham and cheese.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, honey, mustard, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Pour egg mixture over ingredients in baking dish; pressing croissant pieces into egg mixture to moisten completely. Cover tightly with foil; refrigerate at least 8 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
- Heat oven to 325°F. Bake casserole covered 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 25 to 30 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
adapted from Betty Crocker.
For more delicious breakfast recipes, try these:
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.