Savory, cheesy and slightly sweet, this Ham and Cheese Croissant Breakfast Casserole would be perfect for a weekend breakfast or even brunch.
Pin this recipe for later!
Why I Love This Ham and Cheese Croissant Casserole
I am not a huge fan of breakfast, but I do love a good breakfast casserole. I like when the eggs combine with the cheese and the meat and the bread or potatoes. Maybe that’s why I have a thing for breakfast sandwiches.
I also have a thing for croissants, and could eat them pretty much any time. Well, you know how a lot of yummy breakfast casseroles call for bread? It’s used as a binder to hold everything together. The croissants do that in this casserole and holy yum do they take it to a whole ‘nother level. Savory ham, tender, flaky croissants and creamy cheese. It doesn’t get much better!
How to Make a Croissant Breakfast Casserole
- Prep. Grease a square baking dish.
- Layer. Cut up a bunch of croissants into bite sized pieces and layer half of them in the dish. Add chopped ham and shredded cheddar and more croissant pieces.
- Mix custard. Whisk together eggs, milk, honey, mustard, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Pour over the croissants, making sure each piece is moistened with the egg mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate. Cover the pan with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake. Preheat the oven to 325°F, uncover the casserole and bake (covered) for 35 minutes, then uncover and bake for an additional 25 minutes.
More Breakfast Casseroles
If you’ve made this recipe, please come back and leave us a star rating or a comment below. Or, tag us on social media @yellowblissroad or #yellowblissroad for a chance to be featured.
Spray an 8-9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Arrange half of the croissant pieces in the baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the ham and cheese. Repeat with the remaining croissant pieces and ham and cheese.
In large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, honey, mustard, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Pour egg mixture over ingredients in baking dish; pressing croissant pieces into egg mixture to moisten completely. Cover tightly with foil; refrigerate at least 8 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
Heat oven to 325°F. Bake casserole covered 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 25 to 30 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
No croissants? Use challah or Hawaiian rolls.
Calories: 278kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 16gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 184mgSodium: 717mgPotassium: 161mgFiber: 1gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 605IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 247mgIron: 1mg
For all breakfast recipe go HERE and for all recipes go HERE.