This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Microwaved Scrambled Eggs in a mug are just the breakfast hack you need on a busy morning! In less than 5 minutes you can have a delicious, healthy breakfast that’s way faster than any drive thru!Pin this recipe for later!
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Making scrambled eggs in a mug in the microwave has been a huge lifesaver for my kids when they just want something hot and fast to eat in the morning. Crack the eggs in a mug, scramble, and microwave for about 40 seconds. Boom! Breakfast is served!
And if you want to get really fancy, add an english muffin and a slice of cheese to make homemade Egg McMuffins. All of a sudden you’re the mom of the year!
You can make this delicious and healthy breakfast sandwich at home in under two minutes and for under a dollar! That’s a little better than waiting ten minutes in the drive-thru only to fork over $5 for breakfast!
You literally only need TWO INGREDIENTS to make scrambled eggs in a mug! Plus a microwave, and who doesn’t have one of those nowadays?
1 Egg – I recommended cooking just one egg at a time
Nonstick cooking spray – to help the egg slide right out after cooking.
Coffee mug – your mug does need to be microwave safe. You could also use a small glass measuring cup.
How to Make Scrambled Eggs in the Microwave
- Spray a microwave safe coffee mug with nonstick cooking spray.
- Crack an egg into the coffee mug and whisk is with a fork.
- Microwave on high for 30-40 seconds.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of salt or add the toppings of your choice.
- To make a homemade egg sandwich (“Egg McMuffin”), toast an english muffin and place a slice of deli ham on the bottom half. Top with the egg and a slice of American cheese. You can even freeze them to enjoy later!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, absolutely! Just whisk them up in a bowl and pop them in the microwave. Fluffy scrambled eggs any time!
It only takes about 30-40 seconds to microwave a scrambled egg. Keep in mind that microwave wattages vary, so you’ll have to test yours – it might take a few seconds more or less.
It’s not necessary. I have found that I get fluffy eggs in the microwave without any of these additions. However you can add them if you want to.
Make Ahead and Freezing
These scrambled eggs take less than a minute to prepare, but you could actually prepare several at a time and freeze or make sandwiches to freeze ahead.
Prepare the sandwich as desired with english muffins, egg, ham and cheese. Let them cool completely, then wrap tightly in foil and pop them into a freezer bag. They’ll last in the freezer about 3 months.
To reheat from frozen, place the wrapped sandwiched in a 350 degree oven and heat for 5-10 minutes or until fully heated through.
- For more than one egg, use a small bowl instead of a mug.
- Feel free to add the seasoning of your choice or extras like cheese.
- Use these eggs to make a sandwich as described above, or add them to breakfast burritos, Breakfast Quesadillas or simply serve with a side of toast and fruit.
More Delicious Egg Recipes
- How to Boil Eggs (Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs)
- Baked Egg Muffins
- Sausage Egg Casserole
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
Microwaved Scrambled Eggs in a Mug
- 1 egg
- nonstick cooking spray
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheese
- 1 slice of deli ham
- 1 english muffin
- Spray a microwave safe mug with cooking spray. Crack the egg into the mug and lightly scramble. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the mug in the microwave and cover with a wet paper towel. Cook on high for 30-40 seconds. If there is still liquid in the mug, cook for an additional five – ten seconds.
To Make a Breakfast Sandwich:
- Toast the English Muffin to your liking. Spread butter if desired. Top with slice of ham, the egg and shredded cheddar cheese and replace the top of the muffin. Enjoy hot!