Breakfast is usually the last thing I’m thinking about in the morning, but this 2 minute Breakfast Sandwich has changed my life! Who would have thought you could make a scrambled egg in a mug??
Mornings around our house usually consist of some scrambling around trying to find shoes and jackets, sweeping up spilled cereal, and searching for clean underwear in the dryer. They normally do not consist of a healthy breakfast for mom. As long as the little people are fed and dressed I consider the morning a victory. But that victory quickly turns to defeat as I pull into Starbucks or McDonalds drive thru for my morning coffee and breakfast sandwich. I knew there had to be a way that I could grab a quick breakfast without hitting the drive thru – and without breaking the bank!
You can make this delicious and healthy breakfast sandwich at home in under two minutes and for under a dollar! That’s a little better than waiting ten minutes in the drive-thru only to fork over $5 for breakfast!
Want more great breakfast ideas? Try these:
Seasoned Egg & Sausage “Muffins”
Scrambled Egg in a Mug and a 2 Minute Breakfast Sandwich
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 Slice of deli ham
- 1 whole wheat english muffin
- 1 tsp Butter, if desired
- Spray a microwave safe mug with cooking spray. Crack the egg into the mug and lightly scramble. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the mug in the microwave and cover with a wet paper towel. Cook on high for 30-40 seconds. If there is still liquid in the mug, cook for an additional five - ten seconds.
- Toast the English Muffin to your liking. Spread butter if desired. Top with slice of ham, the egg and shredded cheddar cheese and replace the top of the muffin. Enjoy hot!
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.