Ham and Cheese Quiche recipe is my go-to for brunch or holiday breakfast with the family. Incredibly easy to make and always a hit at breakfast!
Ham and Cheese Quiche Recipe
Are you ready for brunch on a new level? Forget the bagels and fruit platters. This ham and cheese quiche recipe will be your favorite way to impress guests without stressing yourself out in the kitchen! Prepped ahead or the morning of, either way, everyone will want the recipe.
It can be tricky to find ways to use up all that leftover holiday ham. Sure Christmas is still months away, but every year I feel like I’m practically begging people to take some ham home. But not this year. I have big plans to make ham and cheese quiches. They’re so easy to make, it’s silly to think I didn’t stockpile them in my freezer sooner.
I like a combination of cheddar and jack cheese in this quiche, but ham and swiss cheese quiche is darn good too. You can’t beat that classic flavor combination. If you really want to get fancy, drizzle some Hollandaise sauce over your quiche. It’s pretty amazing!
How to Make Ham and Cheese Quiche
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Grab a pre-baked pie crust at the grocery store or make your own if you’re feeling adventurous.
- Chop up your leftover ham and shred some fresh cheddar cheese off the block. Sprinkle diced ham and shredded cheese in the bottom of your prebaked pie shell and spread it around evenly. You want some ham and cheese in every bite.
- Beat eggs, half-n-half, salt, pepper, ground mustard and onion powder until they’re mixed up really well, then pour over the ham and cheese.
- Bake the ham and cheese quiche for 35 to 40 minutes or until crust is browned and eggs are set. If your pie crust browns too quickly, carefully place some foil around the edge of your pie to protect the crust while the quiche finishes baking.
- Rest for 10 minutes before serving to allow the quiche to cool slightly and make sure it’s perfectly set. Garnish with chives, if desired to make it pretty. Serve warm or at room temperature.
How easy was that?! You can also par-bake your crust the day or night before to save prep time in the morning. This recipe can easily be doubled for serving a large group, or to freeze one quiche for later.
Do you prebake the crust for quiche?
Yes and no. If you’re using a refrigerated or homemade crust you’ll need to par-bake (partially bake) the crust so it doesn’t get soggy once you add the eggs, ham, and cheese. If you’re using a frozen pie crust, you do not need to do any pre-baking.
Make Ahead and Storage Tips
To make the ham and cheese quiche ahead of time, just keep your baked quiche in the fridge, covered in plastic wrap, until ready to serve. You can serve it cold or leave it out to come up to room temperature or place it in a 200 degree F oven to warm it up.
For freezing, cover tightly with foil and place cooled, fully baked quiche in a plastic bag. Freeze for up to 4 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight and reheat in the oven.
More of my favorite brunch recipes!
- Easy Breakfast Potatoes
- Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast
- Egg & Cheese Hash Brown Waffles
- Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
- Fresh Strawberry Lemonade
Ham and Cheese Quiche
- 1 9-inch pre-baked pie crust
- 1 cup cooked ham chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup half-n-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dry ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Fresh chives chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add ham and cheese to a prebaked pie shell. Be sure to spread evenly over the crust. You want some ham and cheese in every bite.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, half-n-half, salt, pepper, ground mustard, and onion powder. Pour eggs mixture over ham and cheese.
- Bake quiche for 35 to 40 minutes or until crust is browned and eggs are set.
- Remove from oven and all to rest for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with chives, if desired.