This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Sausage & Hash Brown Frittata filled with all the makings of a delicious, hearty breakfast – eggs, veggies, al fresco Country Style Chicken Sausage and Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns – and all in one skillet!
During the holidays, time seems to run in short supply. We’re always running to here and dashing to there and stopping to pick up just one more thing over there. It’s so nice when Christmas Day finally rolls around and we can just simply relax away from the hustle and the bustle of the holiday crowds.
With life being so busy, it’s important to me to keep things as simple as possible in the kitchen. As much as I love to create elaborate meals around the holidays, it’s more important that I get to enjoy being with my kids and watching their faces light up each night when we light our tree, or when their favorite holiday movie is on TV.
Keeping is simple though, doesn’t mean boring. That’s why I love dishes like this Sausage & Hash Brown Frittata. It uses fresh ingredients right out of the fridge, and there’s hardly any prep work! This dish gets is heartiness from the al fresco Country Style Chicken Sausage (which is delicious, better for you, AND it’s fully cooked!) and the Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns (which are all prepped for you – no peeling or shredding required!). All you have to do is chop a few veggies, and you can just use what’s already in your fridge. I love using colorful veggies for Christmas.
Start by sauteing some onions and bell pepper with the hash browns just to get a little color on them. Then add the sausage and pour in the eggs and top with cheese. Super simple, and requires just about 15 minutes of time. Next slide the skillet into the oven and let it cook for about 15-20 minutes while you sit down and watch that Christmas movie your kids love that’s secretly your favorite too.
Once the Frittata is finished it looks like this. Glorious isn’t it? And it took so little work to get it! Let it cool slightly, then slice it up like a pie, dab on some sour cream and sprinkle a little fresh parsley on top. A beautiful, classy, elegant breakfast that’s as simple as well!
Sausage & Hash Brown Frittata
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small white onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 20- ounce package Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns
- 8- ounce package al fresco fully cooked chicken breakfast sausage cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- Sour cream optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 12” oven-safe skillet (I use cast iron) over medium heat, heat olive oil, then added diced onions, bell peppers and Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Brown. Cook until softened and lightly browned; about 7-9 minutes. Stir in al fresco sausage.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over the potato mixture in the skillet, stir, and cook until the edges start to pull away from the pan; about 5-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake at 350 degrees F until set; about 16-18 minutes.
- Slice into wedges and serve with sour cream, if desired. Garnish with parsley.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Simply Potatoes®. The opinions and text are all mine.
For more delicious breakfast recipes, try these: