Thick slices of sweet, egg soaked bread cooked until golden and crispy around the edges, stuffed with a sweet cream cheese filling. This Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast is perfect for brunch season or just a fun treat for any morning!
If you love a big hearty weekend breakfast like we do in our family, this Stuffed French Toast needs to be a regular on your menu. Serve it alongside some Baked Egg Muffins or with a delicious Pineapple Strawberry Mimosa for brunch.
Stuffed French Toast Recipe
Today I am sharing my Stuffed French Toast recipe. Can you say delicious?!
Every Christmas my family and I have Christmas brunch instead of the typical Christmas dinner. This is a tradition I started because Thanksgiving and Christmas are so close together. I was not interested in serving or eating the same foods I had just made for Thanksgiving. So this is how Christmas brunch began at our house.
Our main dish is this Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast. It is seriously to die for! My whole family loves it! Cover it with fresh or frozen strawberries. Use the juice from the frozen strawberries in place of syrup. If you prefer fresh strawberries, you can use strawberry syrup. Top with whipped cream and you are set. Enjoy!!
How to Make Stuffed French Toast
- Start by making the cream cheese filling. Beat together softened (room temperature) cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until it’s a spreadable consistency. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer will help get the mixture nice and smooth, but you could also just mix with a big spoon. To make sure that the cream cheese is at room temperature, let it sit in the bowl unwrapped for 30 minutes before mixing.
- In another bowl, whisk together egg, milk, sugar and cinnamon until it’s well combined.
- Spread a thick layer of the sweetened cream cheese on one side of a slice of Texas Toast. Top with another slice of toast to form a sandwich.
- Dip both sides of the sandwich in the egg mixture until it begins to soak into the bread and coat it completely. Place the sandwich on a buttered grilled or skillet and grill until golden brown, flipping to cook evenly.
How to serve stuffed french toast
Top your stuffed french toast with your favorite toppings. Here are some of our favorites:
- Whipped cream
- Warm maple syrup
- Fresh berries
- Banana slices
- Cinnamon sugar
- Chopped walnuts or pecans
For more delicious brunch recipes, try these:
- Cinnamon Baked French Toast
- Sausage & Cheese Stuffed Biscuits & Gravy
- Ham & Cheese Croissant Casserole
- Egg & Cheese Hash Brown Waffles
- Homemade Waffles
- Greek Yogurt Pancake Recipe
- Strawberry French Toast Bake
Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast
- 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 12 slices of Texas Toast (one loaf)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, 1/3 cup white sugar, vanilla until a you have a spreadable consistency.
- Spread a thick layer of cream cheese filling on one side of half of the Texas Toast. Top with a second piece of Texas toast, forming a sandwich with cream cheese filling in the middle.
- In a small bowl whisk eggs, milk, granulated sugar and cinnamon together. Dip the sandwiches in the egg mixture to coat completely
- Melt butter on a griddle or skillet over medium heat. Cook sandwiches until golden brown on both sides.
- Top with strawberries, syrup and whipped cream.